|| Chapter 1 ||

The Festival of Spring.

The streets, strewn with banners, balloons and sickeningly colourful signs, were by early morning flooded with a few hundred citizens of the small town.

The day was spent by most eating sweets, dancing, drinking and many other fun activities that I'll leave up to your imagination.

By the time the glowing beacon in the sky had faded into a beige reflection of it's former self, and the sky had become a sea of deep royal blue, flashes of bright lights joined the stars, outshining their light intensity and capturing the attention of everyone. People scattered across the town could all see the same show, that of the sky becoming so unnaturally colourful that it was almost like a painters canvas.

A dark hill was situated a little way from the town square and the rest of the buildings. Expectantly, it would be inhabited with people desperate to move closer to the light. Instead, it's only occupants were six young men. Surrounding them were a collection of cans, blending into the dark silvery grass lit only by the fireworks above. Despite the near freezing temperature of the grass, the boys lay back and watched the sky in only thin jackets, more occupied with conversation than the show they could see.

"Namjoon, what time is it?" Asked the oldest, looking backwards as his brunette hair fell slightly. The addressed one lifted his hand to the sky, intending to check his watch, but instead got lost in the colours blending in the sky. Breaking out of the hypnosis he shifted his gaze to the gold band on his wrist.

"9 o'clock." He replied, sitting up and stretching, whilst removing the grass from his hair, which was contained in a blue bandana, with one swift shake.

"Should we head back then? I'm tired." Yoongi asked, pulling the puffy turquoise jacket a little tighter around his small frame.

"Yeah, let's go." Jimin stated, hopping up and pulling the sleeves of his black sweater down with his hands in attempt to retain even a little warmth.

Whilst five of them stood up, one continued to stare at the sky.

"Taehyung?" Asked Hoseok in a singsong voice.

"Tae are you okay?"

Brought back to reality, he nodded and stood up with a look of empty happiness, and vague confusion. With a smile spreading slightly he stated "Yeah. Let's go."

The 6 caught the train which was still running that late purely because of the festival. They caught the train often and were accustomed to its leather seats, long windows with little red curtains and the corner they occupied whenever they boarded.

Even though it was the first day of Spring, frost still laced the ground surrounding them and the further they got from the centre of the town, the more snow began to cover the tracks.

Eventually they reached what they referred to as 'home.'

A decent sized abandoned laundry shop with a living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen in the back. It must have been sudden that the previous inhabitants had to move, they thought, because there was still working electricity and gas.

With a flick of a switch, the rooms were illuminated with a soft orange glow and the boys settled near the fireplace, trying to warm themselves up.

"So what were you daydreaming about earlier Tae?" Asked Hoseok, leaning closer to the brunette.

"Hmmm...I don't know. I just have a feeling that something important is going to happen tomorrow"

After a brief few seconds of silence, the marshmallow headed hyung spoke up.

"Ya, that sounded so cliche."

The others chuckled warmly.

They chatted for a while, about meaningless things. Things that made them happy. Fun things. Funny things. And random things.

After a while, Namjoon noticed that the oldest was no longer joining in the conversation and was instead asleep on his shoulder, as was Taehyung. He removed both of their jackets and deciding that he too had little energy, rested his head on Seokjin's shoulder and drifted off to sleep.

Currently, the only two who were still awake were Jimin and Yoongi, leaning against the sofa.

"Hyung? Do you think this town is perfect?" The younger asked drearily.

"Where did that deep question come from all of a sudden?" Replied Yoongi with a hint of confusion, making the other smile.

"The way I see it....we're blessed to live in happiness. Maybe it's best not to question it. If you're a good person then you'll live a good life. You'll meet good friends. And everything will be good."

"Where did that deep answer come from hyung?"

They both laughed in tired unison before leaning backwards and closing their eyes.

"Goodnight Jiminie."

"Goodnight hyung"