|| Chapter 46 ||

“Hyung”

“Hyuuung”

...

“Ow!” Yoongi jolted awake, clutching his aching side. “Did you have to kick me in the ribs?”

“Whoops, accident.” Taehyung lied. “Now come on, get up.”

He did as told, immediately bringing a hand up to his head to soothe the throbbing. He didn’t usually get much of a hangover, but the combination of it having been a while since he had a drink and sleeping outside must’ve exacerbated it.

“How did you know we were here anyway?” He glanced around, noticing they were alone. “And where did those two go?”

“To get some fresh air and a drink. Seriously, why did you think letting Jungkook drink was a good idea?”

“Blame Jimin, he brought it.”

Taehyung shook his head in disapproval. “Anyway, come on we should go. They’re gonna meet us in town.”

Yoongi pushed himself up off the tattered sofa, and the two made their way back towards the town centre. It was around 10am, but the town was unusually busy and bustling with chatter. It made Yoongi a little nervous. It felt like everyone was staring when he turned his back. Maybe he was just paranoid, but after all the whole town knew about their crime. It would be more surprising if they weren't staring at him.

As they approached the fountain, Jimin rose from the edge of it to greet them.

“Good morning hyung.” Jungkook chimed in, looking vaguely sick but smiling nonetheless.

“Hey. How are you holding up?”

“I’m feeling better.” He had been in a state when he first woke up, Taehyung was almost too shocked to react. Luckily, Jimin was just about sober enough to take care of him.

“Are the others coming?”

“Soon.” Taehyung replied. His eyes wandered, guided by the sound of hammering and loud chatter. “Hey, what’s that?”

They all looked where he was pointing, seeing what looked like a temporary wooden stand being put up by a couple of construction workers, with a lectern front and centre.

Jimin hummed. “They usually put those up when the mayor is giving a speech right?”

They all shared the same thought, eyes meeting. He’s gonna be talking about us.

It quickly dawned on them that they still weren’t safe here, and that the night of freedom which Namjoon had earnt them was over. They had to come up with a plan - but they didn’t have a leader anymore.

Soon the other two arrived, and there was a sense of urgency in their stride.

“Hey.” Jin greeted briefly. “Something’s going on later.”

“We figured,” Yoongi added, “do you know what it is?”

“I don’t know the details, but my dad had to head to the town hall for a meeting earlier. They’re going to decide what to do with us, I know it. We need to do something.”

None of them knew what to do though. As much as it was shameful to admit, Namjoon had been their backbone. He had made all the tough calls when the time came - and now the roles were reversed.

“I saw Joon last night.” Hoseok spoke up. “He was heading home, I wanted to call out to him but he didn’t seem to have any intent of running away. I think they’re keeping him under lock and key there…”

“What do we do now then? Whatever his dad says tonight isn’t gonna be good for us. We can’t just run away - I’ve seen the officers following us, they’re not as stealthy as they think. We need a plan.” Jin urged. Indeed, he had noticed the guards ordered to follow their movements, even if they were a few metres away - there were some parts of the town with no monuments or walls to hide behind.

“We need to take over the rally.” Yoongi stated. They were all a little taken aback by the bluntness of his decision. “There’s nothing we can do to change Mayor Kim’s mind, but surely at least some of the people in this town have thought the same things as us, right? I mean, if Hyunjin could convince so many people to join him we can too, right?”

Taehyung nodded. “Maybe. I don’t think we have any other options right now. We’ll need to plan this carefully.” He didn’t add it, but all of them knew - their lives depended on this decision.

The six of them decided it would be better to discuss somewhere else, somewhere out of the earshot of anyone who could potentially thwart their plan before they even had a chance to execute it. Jin’s place was a no go since his dad worked for the mayor, and the rest of their parents probably wouldn’t be too fond of them talking about this plot in their presence. They couldn’t go to the junk yard since they would be followed by guards.

Yoongi considered it for a moment, before suggesting that they went to his place. After yesterday, he felt like he could trust his father. And so the boys returned to Yoongi’s house, and after a quick apology for staying out all night, they gathered in the living room to plot out the course of the evening. The plan was simple in theory: wait for an opportunity. They would find a way up to a vantage point, far enough away from anyone so that no-one would be able to grab them or attack them. It seemed like the best contender would be the roof of the town hall.

Jin would do the talking, after all he was of more value than the rest of them in the eyes of the mayor. It didn’t matter whether the others lived, but Jin’s father was one of his right hand men. The others would find somewhere safe to watch the proceedings, and reveal themselves if needed.

It was going to be risky and definitely spontaneous. But they had to open the eyes of the people, and they had to get back their leader.

A/N I'm so sorry this took so long, I've been kind of overworking myself cos I have exams next week. I feel in a better place to do creative stuff though, next chapter is gonna be on the way soon (for real this time, not in 3 weeks lol). On a side note I've been rereading some of the old chapters, and god was my writing dodgy in places. I'm definitely gonna need to edit it all once this book is finished lol

Anyway please take care, I'll be back with a new chapter in the next week or so :)