|| Chapter 51 ||

The streets surrounding the town hall were strewn with hastily made banners, balloons and lights that night. Most of the citizens were at home, but the boys in office were out and enjoying themselves.

Yoongi had been a little late leaving home since he got delayed talking with his dad. Don't drink too much, Yoongi. Come home before midnight, Yoongi.

Unlikely.

He jogged up to the door of the tavern and opened it, revealing a bustle of familiar faces who all turned to smile at him.

"Hey, you're here!" Jin exclaimed, waving him over. "Come sit down."

He slid through the crowd and seated himself, realising a glass of alcohol had already been placed on the table before him. He took a decent sip before placing it back down.

Looking across the table, he noticed that Hyunjin was caught up in discussion with Namjoon, and Chan was seated opposite himself. When he finished talking with Felix, he looked towards Yoongi with his usual gentle expression.

"Hey, it's been a while."

"It has, how's your arm?"

He lifted it up slightly to demonstrate. "Better now."

Yoongi's eyes fell on the pouting boy beside him, and Chan let out a sigh.

"Yoongi, do you think he's too young to drink?"

Well...I was drinking well before that age.

Before he could reply, Jin butted in. "It's okay, hyung can't drink either, because SOMEONE," he made direct eye contact with Jimin, "won't let me."

"Hyung, do I need to remind you that you're still recovering from all that tranquilliser in your system?"

"It's been plenty of time! You told me yourself it's just a precaution, there's no reason I can't. Come on Felix, let's go get a drink."

Before Chan could object, Felix jumped up with a wide grin and followed Jin to the bar. Yoongi chuckled.

"It's fine, let him. If you don't he'll only want to do it more."

"Maybe you're right." He leaned back in his seat, thinking. "I can't make decisions for him forever." He shrugged and took a sip of his own drink.

Soon enough the two of them returned with their glasses. As soon as Felix was distracted talking to Seungmin, Jin hastily whispered "it's a non alcoholic cocktail" to Chan.

As the night went on, conversation revealed that Hyunjin was doing well as the leader of Elysium. The citizens were happy that he was their new president, and all seemed well so far. Minho and Jisung were good, as were the rest of them.

The boys in Asphodel were doing just fine, and things seemed to be getting back on track after what had happened previously.

Speaking of, MJ and Minhyuk had arrived during their conversation. After greeting everyone and sitting beside Yoongi, they nervously waited for Eunwoo to arrive. MJ was still in disbelief that his friend was alive, and who could blame him?

Soon enough the door swung open, and MJ watched with hopeful eyes to see if it was him. The boy who entered looked over at him and immediately gave a relieved smile.

"Eunwoo," MJ stammered, getting up from his seat so quickly he banged his hip on the table. He ran over to his friend and pulled him in close. "You were gone. I thought you were gone."

Eunwoo laughed, teary eyed. "What happened to you? You weren't like this last time I saw you."

"I'm sorry. I regretted everything I ever did once I thought I wouldn't see you again. I won't hold myself back anymore. I'll make sure I look after you and tell you how much I love you every day."

Minhyuk still hadn't moved from where he was stood. He was in shock. It had been years.

"...Minhyuk?"

"Hyung?"

He slowly walked forwards and into his brother's arms, immediately relaxing at the familiarity.

The rest of them smiled at the sight. Once the night came to a close and everyone was a little too drunk for their own good, Yoongi stood outside to catch a breather. It's nice meeting friends, but parties can get a little stifling after a while.

He reflected on recent events. The insanity that had fallen upon them was difficult to believe, let alome experience. But now that they were home and safe, it felt like a distant memory.

"Yoongi-hyung?"

He turned to see Jungkook walk over to him. "Hey, what's up?"

"Not much." He replied with a smile. He looked good with a smile. Yoongi hoped that he would never stop smiling.

The older boy let out a sigh. "I'm glad that everything worked out. Are you?" Yoongi asked.

The younger boy didn't need to think. "It only worked out because of you all. If you didn't help me then I would've still been locked in that cell."

"And if it weren't for you, we never would've had the courage to stand up to this city." Yoongi replied.

The two exchanged a warm smile, and hugged. "Thank you." Jungkook whispered.

"No, thank you."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A few weeks later

Yoongi let out a heavy breath as he dropped the last crate onto the back of the truck bound for Asphodel. Cars were new to him, and of course he couldn't drive them, so he loaded the heavy goods onto a delivery truck and took the rest by foot.

As he was about to set off, a familiar voice called his name.

"Oh Jimin, don't you have a shift today?"

He shook his head. "Today's my day off. How about I come with you? I could do with the exercise, sitting in a doctor's office for hours on end is so...ugh."

Yoongi chuckled, picking up his bag. "Sure Jiminie."

The two began walking, and Jimin nuzzled his head against Yoongi, who immediately placed a free arm around his shoulder.

"When we get back, wanna watch movies at the hideout?"

"As long as Tae's not picking. His taste is terrible." They shared a laugh.

It didn't really matter to him what they watched, as long as they were together.

Because family isn't what we're born into. It isn't bound by blood or relations.

Sometimes family can be a boy and his cousin, or two good friends who've been apart for some time.

It could even be seven boys who found each other when they needed each other most, who share a bond deeper than love.

As long as they have each other, they're family.

And together or apart, they'll remain family forever.

A/N I...honestly don't know where to begin. I want to thank you for getting this far, first of all. I wouldn't have finished this book if it weren't for your constant support.

I began this book back in 2018, three whole years ago, and today is my last ever day of school. I feel like I've grown up with you all, and with the characters.

I truly hope you resonated with something in this story, or at the very least I hope you enjoyed it. I don't know what the future holds but I'll still be here, I'll still be writing.

If you have any questions leave them in the comments and I'll tie up any loose ends ^^

If you wanna see more of me I lurk on twitter a lot, @/bubbleyoongz and I also have an ao3 of the same name where I'm planning to do most of my future writing!

Update: In fact over this summer (2022) I also plan to reupload a more polished version of Omelas there, because I know there are a lot of things I can improve on since I've grown as a writer since making this book

Thank you all for reading and take care ❤️

- Cat