|| Chapter 5 ||

Once the light had faded to nothing and the orb in the sky was but a reflection of its past self, Jimin found himself awake once again. Wearily pulling the warm covers off of his small frame, he shuffled to the window and peeked through the curtains, squinting his eyes to read the clock on the front of the town hall.

"Yoongi," he muttered, shaking the older boy's shoulder, "it's nearly 11, we need to go."

The dark haired boy groaned as he woke up, a slight headache lingering in his temple. With a stretch of his arms, he jumped up and ran a few fingers through his hair.

"Okay, let's go meet up with Namjoon."

「 meanwhile 」

The purple haired boy had entered the house as usual that night. He greeted his mother and assumed that his father was still hard at work in the hall. Hopefully, he had just enough time to snatch the keys.

After dinner, he ran upstairs and checked around - it seemed that the coast was clear.

He then hurried to the oak door of his father's study and gently twisted the handle. Inside the room was still, the only life being the moonlight pouring through the wide windows at the far end, behind the desk.

The boy left the door slightly ajar and wandered over to the desk, flopping down into the office chair and spinning it slightly as he landed. Mountains of sheets of paper covered the dark wooden surface, as well as a few pens which were out of ink and therefore tossed aside.

Namjoon smirked inwardly as he spun the chair with his foot on the ground - his father never let him sit in this chair when he was a child.

A few fleeting memories of himself begging his father to play with him as a child came to mind. The man was always too busy, so Namjoon would simply sit on the ground of the study and play with his toys whilst his father worked. In the summer, a warm glow gave life to the room as a cool breeze flowed through the window and out the door. It was always a comforting place.

Standing up, Namjoon pushed the windows open slightly, allowing the cool night breeze to envelop him as the curtains billowed around his body.

Leaning his forearms on the window, he gazed out at the view of the town before him. It was a familiar view that brought about unfamiliar feelings.

This will be my town one day. I need to protect it.

A rattling sound broke Namjoon from his thoughts, and he looked down to see the figure of a man pushing the door open and entering the house.

"Crap" he mumbled, quickly opening the desk drawer and grabbing the keys before jogging to the door and slipping out of it. He turned around and slowly pulled the door shut, and then proceeded to walk towards his own room with a sigh of relief.

"Oh hey there son, what are you up to?" Asked a familiar voice, as the male figure reached the top of the stairs.

"Hi dad, I was just about to sleep so goodnight!" He waved a quick farewell before speedwalking into his own bedroom.

"Oh...goodnight then." His father mumbled quietly, rubbing his arms. "It's a little cold up here..."

「 time skip 」

After Namjoon was sure that his parents were asleep, counting the minutes on his watch until he could barely stay awake, he removed the covers and tip toed out of his room, and past his parents bedroom, to the study.

Gently, he opened and shut the door in one swift movement, and jogged over to the window, which he had left slightly open previously. After a deep inhale, he climbed out of the window frame and onto the roof of the dining room that jutted out from the main building.

It was quite a drop, but he took the risk and jumped down onto the lawn, landing with a thud and a quiet wince. "Okay...time to go."

「 short time skip 」

When Namjoon reached the fountain, Jin and Hoseok were already chatting together as they waited.

"Hey guys." The purple haired boy greeted. Jin waved politely in reply and Hosoek smiled, exposing his dimples.

"Hello Namjoon-hyung" a deep voice emerged, as the boy noticed another figure sitting on the other side of the fountain. "Hi there Taehyung."

"Yoongi, Jimin, over here!" Jin called, gesturing to the approaching boys. The group all convened in a small square and exchanged a few glances.

"Okay...wow we're really doing this." Namjoon quietly began. "Is everyone ready to do this?"

"Actually..." Hoseok spoke up, "I've been thinking...is this really such a good idea? We're risking our lives doing this, all for a boy we don't know anything about. What if he attacks us or something?"

The fellow members frowned slightly, not wanting to agree but deep down knowing that his argument was a valid one.

"Hey, it's wrong to judge him like that." Taehyung sternly refuted. "We don't know what he's been put through, it's pretty selfish to only think of our own consequences here."

Hoseok pouted with crossed arms. "I'm just saying that maybe its a bit hasty to destroy the lives we've built here on a whim. Everyone in this town has been good to us, he's only one boy after all."

"But that one boy is living a life none of us could even imagine! How would you like it if we locked you in a cellar?" Taehyung raised his voice, stepping towards the elder.

"Hey hey, calm down Tae," Namjoon interrupted, stepping inbetween them, "what he said makes sense. Of course this is a massive risk. But we've already come this far, it's a little late to back out of it now. Of course you don't have to join us but it would mean a lot if you did."

Hoseok sighed. "You're right. Sorry, I guess I'm just nervous." Jin threw an arm around the marshmallow-haired boy with a grin. "It's fine, we all are. Anyway, it's getting late, are we doing this or what?"

Each member of the group nodded in turn, with Namjoon finally clapping his hands together, giving a hesitant but confident smile. "Alright, let's go!"