|| Chapter 4 ||

The six boys exited the train in the centre of town, the familiar feeling of the coarse brick under their feet feeling more unfamiliar then ever before.

"Namjoon, you know what you're doing right? Make sure you don't get caught." Yoongi warned the younger male, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Of course. I'll meet you all back here at 12 tonight, since the hall will definitely be shut then. Same goes for you - make sure you're not seen." The five nodded in affirmation before parting ways.

Jimin glanced at the fountain stood before him, which lay at the centre of the town square. It had always been a comfort to him. The faded grey brick and the rushing aqua water had always served to calm his thoughts, ever since he was young. Just beyond the fountain lay the steps up to the town hall.

The fact that it was there made him feel uneasy, now that he knew what, or rather who, was inside. He trailed a few fingers through the icy water, numbing his fingers, and hopefully, he thought, his mind too.

"Jimin," the voice of an older boy called, "do you want to stay at my house until tonight?" Yoongi offered, noticing the boys unease. The pink haired boy nodded with a small smile, and the older lightly grasped his wet fingers, leading him down the familiar path to his house.

Yoongi's father wouldn't mind that he brought a friend over- him and Jimin had been close for as long as they could remember. They were practically family.

"Hey Dad, I'm home." Yoongi called upon entering the house, pulling his jacket off and removing his shoes as Jimin did the same.

"Oh hey son, you're back late. You brought Jimin too! It's been a while kid, how are you?" Yoongi's father greeted, ruffling the youngest boy's hair, causing laughter to bubble up inside of him. "I'm good thanks."

The two wandered upstairs into Yoongi's room, and flopped onto his bed. Due to knowing each other for so long, they could both sense each other's conflicted emotions.

"It's been a while since I've been here, huh?" Jimin asked, glancing around the room. It still felt safe - the beige wooden flooring, the blue curtains, the large bed - it still felt safe. And for that he was glad.

"I guess so...brings back memories." The older replied, lying back on his bed.

"Hmm, like that one time at school you yelled at the teacher and got scared that your father would find out, so you ran home and hid under your bed?" Jimin asked with an amused smirk.

"Hey, I was not scared." The older refuted with a pout, causing the younger to chuckle.

"Listen, Yoongi...this situation is a little scary and...I've never been a strong person..." Jimin began.

"What do you mean?" Asked the older.

"I mean that...If anything happened to you I don't think I could bare it. This plan is really dangerous. I'm not strong enough to do anything by myself, it's no secret. I'm just scared that you'll leave me. Just like...that one time..." he trailed off quietly.

Yoongi slipped his fingers into Jimin's and allowed the younger to rest his head against his shoulder. The rhythm of his hyungs chest always felt safe and familiar to Jimin. The two always served as each other's support.

"I'll never leave you Jimin. Don't worry..."

Just then, a sudden pang of pain shot through Yoongi's skull as though a bullet had pierced it. His head fell into his hands instinctively as he let out a pained groan, tightly closing his eyes as he shook from side to side.

"Yoongi, are you alright? Is it happening again?" Jimin asked, placing his hands on the shoulders of the elder strongly. The dark haired boy nodded slightly.

"It's been a while since the last time this happened, huh..." Yoongi muttered, grasping handfuls of his hair.

For almost as long as he can remember, he's been having moments like this. Moments where sudden unbearable pain would strike his head like his brain was being crushed. Over the last few years it had become less frequent. Only Jimin knew about it, since Yoongi wasn't the type of person who would willingly admit his vulnerabilities.

"Yeah, I guess so." The younger replied with a concerned expression.

An image began to form in the elder's mind, one that was hazy and unrecognizable. Suddenly it shot into focus, as the vivid sounds of a memory he couldn't recall echoed in his ears.

No...not again!

He fell back onto the bed, his consciousness wavering as the view of Jimin's concerned face faded in front of him.

--------

A land, flooded with sunshine and bright green trees surrounded the small boy. He took small, precarious steps through the grass, with a taller figure following alongside him. The reverberation of summer bugs calling penetrated the small area of land as they strolled, until they reached what looked to be a chainlink fence. On the other side was...

A building surrounded by snow.

---------------

"Yoongi! Snap out of it!"

His eyes reopened to find the same view as earlier reappearing in front of him, only this time he felt more weary as he sat up.

"Was it...that dream again?" Jimin asked, placing a hand on the forehead of the elder as he nodded.

"Yeah...damn it, I thought this went away." He mumbled through closed teeth.

"Maybe you should get some rest before tonight. After all it's gonna be pretty hectic." Jimin suggested.

"You're right, we won't have much time to sleep. We should rest while we have the chance."

The two got under the covers and muttered weary 'goodnight's as they drifted into sleep. They could only hope that when they woke up, everything went as planned.