𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙

Start from the beginning

"Are you going to tell Elena?"

"Eventually, soon, when the time is right."

I nodded slowly, trying to process what he just told me. "Is that it?"

He shook his head, "There's so much more. I want to give you something to protect yourself. We can go back to my house while I explain the rest?" I nodded. We had begun our short walk back to Stefan's house.

"So, what else is there to. . . vampires?" I asked him.

"Sun kills us, so I wear a daylight ring," he shows me the ring that had caught my eye the other day. "A stake to the heart can also kill us. We can turn off the part to ourselves that's human. Everything is heightened when being a vampire, emotion-wise. Vampires are physically a lot stronger, better eyesight and hearing, fast running, jumping. We also have fast healing capabilities. And don't believe what you read in books, it's a myth." I nodded, taking it all in. "What I want to give you is an herb called vervain. It can burn us, it's a vampire's weakness."

It was definitely a lot; I almost didn't fully believe him. But he seemed dead serious, and that would explain all the recent animal attacks. But still, a vampire? It seemed like a stretch.

* * * *

Stefan and I walked into the boarding house quietly because we saw Damon's car outside and Stefan didn't want Damon to see me. Their house was covered in antiques. Stefan and Damon probably collected them over the years. It almost felt a little too old, but it was still beautiful.

"Stefan. And who is this?" Damon announced his presence. He looked familiar, then it clicked. He was at the coffee shop the other night. I looked next to him to see Elena. I hope Elena didn't think I was trying to cozy up with Stefan. He was definitely not my type. Plus, it was my sister's crush. It's against sister-code, and girl-code in general.

"Elena, I didn't know you were coming over," Stefan said, not giving my name to Damon and glaring at him. Damon just had a smirk plastered on his face.

Elena took a small step towards Stefan, "I know. I should have called, I just-"

Damon cut her off, "Oh, don't be silly. You're welcome any time, you too Rose. Aren't they, Stefan?" My face dropped. I never told him my name. I shouldn't be surprised; Stefan just told me he and his brother were vampires.

"How did you know my name?" I asked.

He looked at me and spoke, "Oh Stefan told me. He talks about you a lot, and Elena of course. You know, I should break out the family photo albums, or some home movies. But... I have to warn you. He wasn't always such a looker."

"Thank you for stopping by, Elena. It's nice to see you. Rose, nice talking to you," Stefan said looking at Elena, then back to Damon.

"Yeah, we should probably go. It was nice to meet you, Damon," Elena said, looking between the brothers.

Damon grabbed her hand and started to shake it, "Great meeting you too, Elena." He kissed her hand before Elena walked toward Stefan, who was still glaring at Damon.

"Stefan? Stefan?" Elena called out, trying to get Stefan to move out of the way. I nudged Stefan's shoe with mine and he moved out of the way. Elena and I shared a look before we walked out of the house together.

* * * *

I was at the comet with my candle lit, talking to Bonnie, Caroline, Tyler, and Matt. Well, I wasn't talking, I was trying to listen in on Stefan and Elena's conversation.  The summary of their conversation was It's not going to work. I walked up to Stefan, who just stood there, soaking in her words.

"I'm sorry about her," I said, making Stefan turn around and face me.

"It's fine. I get it," he says. I shake my head, chuckling.

"She does like you. She's just scared to get her heart broken. She's usually the heartbreaker, but you're different than the other guys she's dated. You have my approval," I smirked at him as he sent me a smile in return. "Of course, if you do break her heart, I'm gonna have to kill you."

He laughed, "I would expect nothing less."

I smiled, "Great, we're in agreement. I'm going to the grill to get a drink. See you later."

"See you," he mumbled as I walked towards the grill. Once I entered, I made a beeline for the bar. Hopefully the bartender would be compliant and gracious enough to give me an alcoholic beverage.

The bartender comes up, "Hi, what can I get you?"

"Hi, uhm, surprise me, but make it sweet and a splash of alcohol," I smile.

"I'm going to need some I.D.," he says, resting his arms on the table with his brows raised.

I chuckle nervously, "You know, I turn 21 next month so-"

"Get the girl a drink," someone comes up next to me. Damon, just lovely. I'm assuming he compelled the man because the bartender scurried off to get me a drink.

"Thanks," I forced a smile. I didn't want to admit it, especially to him, but I was a tad bit scared. Just a tad though.

"I know you know about me," he whispered. "And don't be scared. If I wanted to kill you, I would've already." Yeah, like that was a huge comfort. The bartender comes with my drink, setting it down on a napkin. I quickly pick it up, drinking it as fast as I can to get away from Damon. I set the glass back down, making my way to leave before Damon stops me with a grip on my wrist. He was about to say something when Vicki came up next to us.

"I know you," Vicki says as Damon lets go of my wrist.

"Well, that's unfortunate," Damon dismisses.

Vicki moves a little closer, "Um...I don't-I don't know how, but your face," she chuckles a little bit, "Excuse me, I'm sorry." She walks away to the bathroom before Damon rises from his seat. I already knew he was going to hurt Vicki again. I may not be too fond of the girl, but I don't want her to die.

"Wait," I say. He stops and turns around to look at me, "Don't hurt her, please. If you want to feed off of someone, I won't mind if you stop hurting my friends."

He smirked, "Sorry, no can do. I have other plans for you." He winked before walking away, leaving me to contemplate his recent words. I hoped his 'other plans' included leaving my sister and I alone, but I highly doubted it.

****

I was talking with Caroline and Bonnie, while Matt was tending to Vicki. "Excuse me. Hi," Stefan says as he walks up to us.

"Hi," Bonnie greets, her head rising from its' resting spot located on her fist.

"Um, have you guys seen Elena?" He asks.

"She went home," I said. Stefan nodded in response, starting to walk away. "I'm going to give you Elena's cell number and her email. She is big on texting, and you can tell her. . .I said so." I wrote Elena's info on a small piece of paper and slid it over to Bonnie so she could pass it to Stefan.

"Thank you, " Stefan murmured, reaching his hand out to grab the paper from Bonnie. Bonnie gasped as they brushed hands. "You ok?" Stefan asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What happened to you?" Bonnie whispered. She immediately realizes what she said, "That's so rude. I'm sorry. Excuse me." Bonnie says, getting up from her seat and leaving.

"Yeah, she kind of wigs out. It's like her thing." Caroline says, shrugging her shoulders.

* * * *

Hello Fellow Readers

This is an updated authors note as I have edited the chapter and decringed it to make it bearable. I also had no way to end this chapter so sorry it sucked. Anyways, i hope you guys enjoyed and i will see you all next chapter.