22: let me hurt you

Derek POV.

I went back to my hotel room later that evening, I hadn't heard from Y/N so I was hoping she was in her room or mine. But when I got to my room there was a note on the floor right inside and the envelope read "The Derek Morgan" in her handwriting. I picked it up and opened it.

Dear Derek,
I'm sorry I'm leaving without a goodbye, this note probably won't even be good enough for you. But I had to go, I don't wanna be rid of y'all because I love the team with all my heart but I think I just need to be away from it all. I came to the BAU to find my parents' killer and right that wrong and I did. Now I don't know what I'm doing, I need to go figure out what I want, and honestly, I'm only 24 I have time to figure it out. I know by doing this I'm only hurting you and I'm sorry I wish I could be a better person and just overcome all this but I can't. I didn't let myself break after my parents' deaths so now I'm breaking. I'm broken and no good for you. Months ago I told you I'd break your heart and you told me to do it I just never thought I'd be breaking my own at the same time. You have been the greatest person to ever walk into my life and I'm so thankful for you, but sometimes things aren't as meant to be as we think they are. Maybe if I hadn't if been kidnapped and tortured we'd be okay but the fact is we aren't and we can't keep pretending we are. I love you Derek Morgan but I have to go. When you get back to Virginia you'll see that my desk is cleared and my notice has been turned in. I will not longer be an agent for the BAU, you'll also find my Derek necklace on your desk and that when you get home all my stuff is gone. Goodbye Derek and good luck.
                          -Y/F/N

After the case was over and we went home, it was true she was gone. She left me and I told her too. While it hurt everything kinda just went numb and the BAU went to how it was before her or at least we all tried. Garcia was hurt she didn't get a goodbye and Reid was hurt yet another person had left. But I was hurt because I felt like I lost the person I was supposed to be with forever.

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas all went by and there was nothing from her she was just gone. On new years the team went out to a club to hang out and celebrate and it was okay but something was still missing... her. It bothered me a lot not knowing where she was and how she was doing.... or who she was doing. Did she move on? Was she over me? Did I need to move on?

Y/N POV.

After I left I went back to LA and got an apartment there and worked on small cases for the LAPD when they asked me to. I missed the BAU and Derek but I needed to get away from there, there was so much bad in Virginia it was just all piling up so I left. I spent a lot of time hanging out with Zack and watching him give people tattoos, I even bought a motorcycle to go riding with Zack on the weekends. Nothing but a friendship happened between me and Zack and honestly, he was okay with that. He had a pregnant fiancé who was so cute and he was happy. It was almost a year before my run-in with the BAU.

"So it's been almost a year and you're still here working part-time for the LAPD what are you doing girl?" Zack asked.

"I'm being fresh," I said.

"Mhmm sure," he said.

"What am I supposed to do? I left for a reason." I said.

"Okay, so you turn 25 in a month what are we doing," Zack asked.

"Ohh first a new tattoo and then we are going shopping for baby stuff for my goddaughter!" I said.

"Lame you've gotten so lame!" He said.

"Leave me alone would you!" I laughed, and just then my phone buzzed. "Ugh I may not work a lot but damn when duty calls it sucks," I said and he laughed.