20: work and no play

A few days later Derek was getting my stuff ready to head to his apartment. While I was here Rossi and Garcia moved my stuff well my most needed stuff to Derek's apartment as we'd be staying there until we found a house.

"Alright everything looks in good hands so you can get out of here and move on with your life hun," the doctor said.

"Thank you, Dr. Grey, for everything," Derek said shaking her hand.

Dr. Grey hugged me as Derek and I left, Derek wheeled me out to the car in my wheelchair and helped me into the car. My arms and legs were still in a lot of pain so he was very careful.

We got to his place and he set me up in his bedroom and he started the shower for me seeing as I needed one. The shower sucks ass, it hurt every cut, even though they were covered by bandages. When I got out I had to change to dry bandages so the wounds didn't stay wet, while I was sitting on the bed taking off the old bandages when Derek came in and then turned around fast.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to, I'm sorry I should've knocked." He said.

"Derek it's okay.. you can come in," I said.

He turned around and walked in and came up to me.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to be weird I just hate seeing you like this." He said.

"It's okay this is our life and you need to get used to it," I said.

He grabbed the bandages from the side table and started to put them on my legs where the cuts were, he was careful not to hurt me.

"So why'd you come in in a rush," I asked.

"Your meds I have them," he said handing them to me with a glass of water.

He helped me get comfy in bed and then began to walk out.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the couch." He said.

"Why?"

"I don't want to risk hurting you while we sleep"

"Please, please stay with me," I said and he walked over and laid down. He didn't lay close though and I didn't argue I knew he didn't wanna hurt me.

I don't remember falling asleep but I did and when I woke up Derek was gone, I started to panic and freak out.

"DEREK" I yelled. And he came running in.

"What what's wrong?"

"Where were you?" I cried.

"On the couch," he said.

"Why'd you leave me" I cried even harder.

"I'm sorry baby, I was on the work call, Hotch is letting me work from home For a while until you are back on cases"

"What... what time is it," I asked.

"It's 8 am baby"

"Oh I didn't even realize I slept so long," I said calming down.

"Well first night back in a normal and safe bed so I can't blame you. Are you hungry?" He said.

"Yeah, a little," I said.

"I'll go make you breakfast and bring it to you"

"No I wanna come sit in the living room with you"

"No you shouldn't move too much," he said.

"I'm okay I wanna start moving around please," I said with puppy eyes and he looked away trying to resist.