2: The new me

After your parents' death you ended up moving out of the mansion but since it was completely paid off you kept it but didn't stay there, instead, you moved to LA where your aunt and uncle still lived, they too were surgeons just like your dad. So you had the same lifestyle just in a different state. You gave up cheer and gymnastics, no longer had a best friend or a boyfriend. The FBI never found your parents' killer but David Rossi promised that one day they would and he wouldn't stop looking until the killer was behind bars. With that, you spent all your time studying and even went to summer school and graduated a year early from high school.

After that, you went to Harvard law school and took double the amount of classes and took full course loads over the summer. by the time you were 21 you graduated from Harvard Law and then decided to go to Stanford and get 2 PhDs, all by the time you were 23. You were always smart and probably could've been done sooner if you hadn't given your life to sports for so long, but when your parents died you made a promise to become an FBI Agent and find the bastard who did it. Rossi stayed in touch the whole time even though FBI training and when it came time for you to get some sort of job in the FBI Rossi pulled some strings with the Unit Chief to get you in and he did.

Rossi became a father figure in your life since you lost your father, your uncle never really seemed all that fatherly. He was a world-class surgeon who never had kids, he wasn't a bad guy he just wasn't a father to you in any way. (enough about the pass we'll learn more let's get to the good stuff)

It was a warm June night, Sunday to exact the day before you started work for the FBI. You were quite nervous but knew it would be okay because Rossi was there and had your back just like he has since you turned 16.  (point of view will now change to your point of view")

I went to bed early because I was meeting Agent Rossi and Hotchner at 6 am sharp. About an hour after I fell asleep I woke up sweating, I had the same dream I always had since I was 16. The hope was that maybe working for the FBI would make it stop but so far it hasn't. I laid in bed for a while, around midnight I finally fell back to sleep. My alarm went off at 4:45 am, so I could shower and get a go-bag ready just in case. As soon as I was dressed and ready I grabbed my go-bag and my gun and headed out the door.

I got to the office at 5:50 and went up to the sixth floor, when the elevator opened Rossi was standing there waiting on me. He walked towards me and hugged me " Hey kid, you made it". I hugged him "yeah old man I did thanks to you". he laughed taking my go-bag out of my hand. he walked through the thick glass doors and towards a desk and set my bag on it " This is your desk the rest of the team will be in around 7 am, the unit chief wanted to sit down and talk to you and make sure you're ready for today". I smiled " don't you mean you wanna make sure I'm okay and ready for today?" he laughed " sorry kid you got me, Aaron knows your story seeing how he was also on your case and I might have mentioned you could use a little chat to ensure he's here for you". I hugged him and tried to hold my tears back.

Just then the unit chief came out of his office " Good morning Rossi, Y/L/N, I'm ready for you when you are." Rossi looked at me and smiled "Let's go kid". We walked up the stairs and into Aaron Hotchners, I took a seat next to Rossi and Aaron began to speak. " Agent Y/L/N I'm pleased to have you on the team, you will make a great addition to it. Now I know who you are and I know you know me, I was in your parents' case, a very tragic case and I'm sorry for that loss. I've looked at your resume and you have done amazing since then and I'm pleased you took that tragic event and turned it into something good and didn't go in a different direction. As pleased as I am I will say this Joining this Team isn't about you Revenge to get your parents killer, I know one day we will and I hope you are apart of that but this team is more than just your agenda. With that being said I'm here day or night to talk, what happened was hard and not easily forgotten and I know you have Rossi but I too am here."

" Thank you, sir, I understand what you are saying, my parents' killer may be one reason I'm here but another reason is to help people and catch killers before people have to deal with the pain I can relate to. I do hope to find my Parents killer, maybe that will happen maybe it won't, but I'm mostly here to help catch the bad guys and put them where they belong"

Aaron smiled softly "I'm glad to hear that, welcome to the team Agent"

Rossi smiled, he and I stood up and walked out of Hotchners' office and saw that the rest of the team was slowly showing up. A few people were standing around talking and I could hear they were talking about me the new "hire". Rossi looked at me " come let's meet the team shall we" I smiled " I'd love to". We walked down the stairs, there was a skinny blond girl, a muscular dark-skinned man, a small girl with black hair, and a guy who kind of looked like a college student.

"Everyone I would like you to meet Agent Y/F/N, she is our new hire and a personal friend of mine," Rossi said.

" You mean to tell me that young mama here is a friend? Rossi do we need to talk?" the chocolate man said.

" Morgan gets your head out of the gutter I've to know Agent Y/L/N since she was 16" he glared.

Morgan reached his hand out " I'm Derek Morgan but you can just call me Morgan"

" Jennifer Jareau but everyone calls me JJ," the blond one said.

" Agent Emily Prentiss, it's very nice to meet you"

"Thank you, you too" I responded with a smile

I went to shake the college students  hand " Dr. Spencer Reid, and I don't shake hands"

" Sorry Dr. Reid, It's nice to meet you"

After I met all of them another blonde girl, a very happy preppy blonde girl came running in.

" Oh is this the new hire??" she said to excited

" Yes baby girl this is Agent Y/L/N" Morgan said

"Hi it's nice to meet you" I said reaching to shake her hand but she pulled me into a hug

" She's pretty, your pretty! sorry I'm a hugger".

I laughed " all good and thank you"

her smile faded " sorry to ruin the meet the newbie fun but there was a reason for me leaving the bat cave because we have a case and a bad one I might add."

Rossi sighed " I'll tell Aaron and meet y'all at the round table"

I followed everyone into the room with the round table and sat down next to JJ and Emily.

"So," Morgan said slowly " Tell us about yourself Lil mama".

"Well, what do you wanna know?" I winked

JJ answered, " How old are you?"

" 23 but I'll be 24 on July 1st"

" looks like Spence isn't the baby of the family anymore" JJ said

Spencer looked at me " You're 23 and already in the FBI?"

"Uh yeah, I graduated high school a year early and then went straight to college, I graduated Harvard at 21 with a law degree and went back too school and got 2 PhDs and finish FBI training by the time I was 23 and then took a year off to research in a lab."

"Woah Woah better watch it pretty boy someone is coming for your spot," Morgan said.

" You got a law degree in 5 years and 2 PhDs in two years all the while attending FBI training?" spencer asked.

JJ then butted in "So if you're so smart how come you only graduated high school one year early"

" I didn't start to use my smartness that way until I turned 16 so"

They all stared at me and at that moment you wish Hotchner and Rossi would come in and in that wish they did.

" Alright Garcia what do we got here," Hotchner said.

A/N: Hey so this was kind of a lot and not at the same time, next chapter there will be the case and more of Derek Morgan!!! can't wait!