CHAPTER - 44

Next day,

During lunch hour Ruhi and Inaaya meet in corridor.

Ruhi:-"Hey bro, how was your day?"

Inaaya:-"Boring, yours?"

Ruhi:-"Nothing new, same routine. Where are Adhya and Pihu?"

Inaaya:-"They have gone to cafeteria already."

Ruhi:-"Ohh, I hope Adhya is alright, she got pissed yesterday. "

Inaaya:-"She is fine I guess, she seemed when I called her today morning ."

Ruhi:-"You know that the good thing about her is that she does not stretch things too much. "

Inaaya:-"Yaa bro."

While walking they see people crying some people crying outside a patient room.

Ruhi:-"Someone must have died bro."

Inaaya:-"Yaa, let's go and see what happened. "

While moving towards the room, they see one of their batchmate walking outside room, so they go near her.

Ruhi:-"Hey, Kiara."

Kiara:-"Hi, Ruhi."

Inaaya:-"What happened to that patient?"

Kiara:-"Regular Arrhythmia."

Ruhi:-"Was it incurable when patient came?"

Kiara:-"No, it was curable only, in fact we did start treatment also, initially patient did show response but suddenly medicines we gave started being ineffective, so we increased them to high doses to help him, but then you know naa because of such high doses other problems develop and body couldn't fight back and he died. "

Inaaya:-"ohh."

Kiara:-"But I would say, this case is really strange."

Ruhi:-"Why so?"

Kiara:-"I mean initially when we started treatment his body was responding really well and then suddenly it stopped later due to exacerbated arrhythmia and he died, but usually it does not happen like that na."

Inaaya:-"Maybe it was because of his age, like it happens na after certain limit, body won't be able to heal, so maybe it was because of that ."

Kiara:-"Maybe, it was because of those change in medicines."

Ruhi:-(curiously) "What change in medicines?"

Kiara:-"When we first started those medicines which we gave where brought from outside, but when we started giving medicines from our college pharmacy they stopped working. I guess it was because those faulty medicines which were given in our pharmacy. "

Inaaya:-"Faulty medicines?"

Kiara:-"Arey remember our college HOD medicines scam. I guess they still didn't bring new medicines. "

Ruhi:-"oh."

Kiara:-"He should not be spared only I feel, he had been playing with so many lives, but thank god he was caught. Atleast peoples lives will not be risked now. Anyways I have to leave now, I have work see you guys later. "

Inaaya:-"Ohk, bye."

After Kiara leaves, both of them walk towards cafeteria deeply engrossed in there thoughts. Kiara's words keeping ringing in there ears. This brings a slight guilt in them, like Adhya said they are doing injustice to people by not catching the real culprit. But soon they brush that thought away as they feel they cannot do anything. They join Pihu and Adhya at cafeteria. "