CHAPTER - 3

Pihu POV :

Yes, definitely whatever Ruhi said is right, I just cannot magically go and change what has happened, but can definitely learn from my mistakes that I have made in past.

I shall no longer allow the negativity surrounding me to drain my energy. I need to focus on my present and future.

I should not let anything effect my career.

**POV ends**

With that Pihu walks inside the hospital.

*************************

Prithvi POV :

8'o clock🕗 in the morning

Damn my alarm, now I had to skip my exercise routine also.

Sighing in frustration, when I was buttoning my shirt, my phone started ringing.

Prithvi:-"hello"

Opposite side:-"Sir,there is a dead body found hanging in Oorja medical college."

Prithvi:-"who? "

Opposite side:-"Sir, 26 year old female name Jhanvi Joshi, works in the administration department."

Prithvi:-"hmm, ok I will be there."

Quickly grabbing my jacket, watch and phone, I rush downstairs towards the car where my driver has been waiting.

**POV ends**

Prithvi entered college premises with the help of guards clearing the way for him. There was too much of crowd outside the college.

Suicide Spot (Staff Quarters)

All the inspectors and constables wished him.
Prithvi started talking to inspector closely observing the way the body was hung.

Prithvi:-"Who saw the body first? "

Inspector:-"Sir, Ms.Samaira Kapoor first saw at 7'o clock in the morning.She shares this flat with Ms. Joshi."

Prithvi:-"hmm, ok. Go call her"

Samaira was brought inside the room where ACP Prithvi Roy was standing.

Prithvi:-"So, Ms. Samaira where were you at last night? "

Samair:-"Sir, I work at the reception and yesterday night I was at hospital because I had night shift ."

Prihvi:-"When did you see her last time?"

Samaira:-"Sir, I saw her last at around 6:30 yesterday evening when I left for hospital."

Inspector:-"Was she looking upset? How was her mood?"

Samaira:-"She looked normal, she told she was a little tired and wanted to take rest for some time. Then I told her that it will be better if she had early dinner and sleep for sometime."

Prithvi:-"Did you talk to her after that?"

Samaira:-"No sir, I didn't."

Inspector:-"Tell us what exactly happened in the morning."

Samaira:-"Today morning, I waited for 5 mins outside of our flat by knocking the door hoping that she would open it but she didn't so I unlocked using my key set. When I went inside I knocked her room door, when she didn't answer I came inside the room and saw that she was hung to the fan. I shouted looking at her hanging body, then everyone came by then one of us called police and meanwhile the management came."

Inspector:-"What was your relation with her like? "

Samaira:-"She was a very reserved person she spoke only when needed. She wouldn't even mingle with people around her."

Prithvi:-"You can leave. But you will be called for any further investigation, so do not leave this city till the case is closed."

With that Samaira walked out of room.

Prithvi:-"Are there any signs of someone forcefully entering the house?"

Inspector :-"No sir, door lock was proper and everything was correctly placed. There is absolutely nothing suspicious that must have happened."

Prithvi:-"Did you find any suicide note?"

Inspector :-"No sir, nothing. Only a message written on the mirror saying I GIVE UP."

Prithvi walks towards the mirror and keenly observes the writhing. It looks as if he is trying to understand the inner meaning of what was written. His preoccupied thought process broken when inspector cleared his throat to gain his attention.

Inspector :-"Sir, the initial post mortem says she died due to asphyxia due to hanging."

Prithvi:-"At what time she would have died?"

Inspector :-"Somewhere around 8:15 at night"

While their discussion was going on, a senior constable approaches them and informs Prithvi that the press was going out of control.

Prithvi decides to address the media before they create more ruckus outside.

With that he walks out to where media has been waiting for his statement.

Media person 1:-"Sir, who and at what time was the body first seen?"

Media person 2:-"Is due to love failure ?"

Media person 3:-"What is the reason behind her suicide?"

Media person 4:-"Sir, is it suicide or a murder which is framed?"

Prithvi:-"Well, Good morning,the investigation is going on soon an official statement will be released to press, giving in details about the death of JHANVI JOSHI. Well, thank you excuse us."

With that statement Prithvi walks back to near the crime spot ignoring the media people calling him.

Prithvi:-"Khanna (inspector) get each and every detail of Ms.Jhanvi Joshi and send her body for further post mortem."

Inspector :-"yes sir."

Seeing Prithvi walking away inspector calls him.

Inspector :-"Sir, the management of this medical college wants to have a word with you."

Prithvi:-"Tell them that I will talk to them if needed during investigation."

Inspector :-"Yes sir (salutes)."

With that Prithvi walks out of crime spot, sits in his car and leaves the place with bemused mind.

WOMEN'S HOSTEL,
OORJA MEDICAL COLLEGE.

Ruhi, Adhya and Inaaya sat inside their room lost in their thoughts trying to come in terms with the situation.

Inaaya walks towards the window,she takes her phone out of her bag and calls someone.

Realising that the person is not picking up her calls, a fear grips in her heart. She starts panicking.

Seeing tensed Inaaya, Ruhi walks towards her and keeps her hand on Inaaya's shoulder.

Ruhi:-"Inaaya what happened? why are you so tensed?"

Inaaya :-"He is not picking up my call."

Adhya:-"Inuu does he know what happened?"

Inaaya:-(in a defeated tone)" I don't know"

With that a restless Inaaya starts pacing in room.

       ******screen freezes ******