My face heated up with anger after learning that Jake bought the company. I hand slapped myself in my mind thinking why can't this man get it.

Dad intervened and asked them to join us.

"Sometimes I just want to kill my dad", I thought in my head

Mr. Arnold was about to say something and Jake replied," sure! Why not ".

I introduced my family to them and everyone is settled in their places. Jake was sitting beside Rick, My cute monster sweetly smiled at him which he returned with a big smile.

Vin asked me, "why am I down. Is something bothering me? "

I didn't reply to her since my mind is not in place.

I don't know what happens to dad at-times. He suddenly announced that we are going back home and invited Mr. Arnold and Jacob to visit our house and stay there for the night. We don't wanna argue with him in front of outsiders, well Mr. Arnold is an outsider but Jake was like family to me although I don't talk to him anymore.

Mr. Arnold refused the offer since he is having the company back at the hotel. Jake said he would love to come home since he was staying at hotels the past ten days.

I scowled at dad for doing this to me and he raised his eyebrows like he doesn't understand why I am being like this.

After dinner, Mr. Arnold left and we went to the resort to get our things. Jake has come with us. I have been trying to avoid him the whole time. Vin and Jake got good acquaintances during dinner and she was keeping him company the whole time till we reached home.

Once we reached home dad have cleared the trunk and everyone took their bags inside.

Dad said to free my room for Jake since he is going to need a room.
I took my things to the guest room where vin is staying. We both changed into our PJs and fell on our beds to sleep. She drifted off right away since the long day we had. I sneaked out of the room without disturbing her and went to the pool area.

I was walking on the edge of the pool where blocks were formed the symmetrical way in a straight line at four sides of the pool. I was walking between boxes without touching lines and trying to distract my mind by doing such silly things. I can't take this anymore, I can't stress myself to avoid this since it's not in my hand. But my mind suddenly became conscious about the problem which I tried to avoid and relocated to L.A

Suddenly a husky voice made me jolt from my trance. "Still staying up late and doing these stupid things? ", He asked.

The person I am trying to avoid is standing in front of me.

He is standing there with no shirt on and wearing my dad's trousers. His baggage will be delivered tomorrow by hotel people. Since we decided to come back home immediately and haven't given him time to get back to the hotel.

"How can a man be sculpted this good? ", I thought to myself. His eyes sparkled by the light reflected from the pool and his face formed a smirk. Watching his smirk is enough which made my stomach do a backflip.

"These are not stupid things ", I scowled. He walked towards me and sat near the pool table. I joined him. I enjoyed the cool breeze which is hitting my face.

I asked him," how was the past year ?"

He didn't reply to that. After a few seconds of silence, he said," You didn't have to leave butterfly".

I furrowed after his answer which is not related to what I asked and I already told him the reason why I left.

"Why did you leave?", He asked again.

See the whole year I missed my best friend.

Anyway,  I own the company now. Thats what matters and as you said you earned the position by yourself, you have improved your career as you wished. But this time you have to relocate again since am shifting the company, nasty smirk formed on his face.

I have bent forward a little in shock.

"Back to New York ", He winked at me.

A lump formed in my throat." What to say to that", anger hovered me.

I stood up to leave from there because I can't argue with him right now.

He grabbed me by my arm but I pushed it over and started walking towards the door to go back to my room, walking on the edge of the pool.

Being the big Stubborn ass he is, pulled me by my waist and I hit hard towards his chest. I struggled to get out of his grip and he was holding tight this time and said, "You like to go away from me all the time butterfly".But from now on am not going to let that happen, not now, not anymore. That made heat spread through my body and my cheeks became red. I don't know why it happened, because of anger or happiness for the words just left his mouth.

I couldn't free myself and I tried to wriggle out which made me trip into the pool with him making a big thud sound.

I used his weight to stand up in the water by holding his shoulder when the sudden fall happened.

And I tried to get out of the pool but this strikingly handsome Greek god hasn't loosened his grip. He holds me more tight even after the fall. He pulled me more closely. I cursed myself when I couldn't remember words to talk. They are not forming in my mouth anymore even in my mind. It got fogged by his words back there.

Water droplets dripping from his face made him look sexier. His hands trailed from my waist to my back pulling me closer which sent currents into my body. He bent down a little bit lifted his right hand near my face, that moment made my legs felt weak like jelly and I felt like falling, my hands gripped his shoulders for support from falling.

Suddenly I remembered the words once again and my anger was back. He reached his hand to put a strand of my hair on to the back of my ear which is falling on my face. I pushed it away and pushed him away harder this time.

I got out of the pool, I tried to calm my angry mind. But I couldn't stop thinking of going back to New York.

"The reason why I left New York is Jacob!"

"I can't put his life at risk again !".

"I can't make the same mistake of growing close to him again! ".

"I can't let him affect me again. I can't tell him the reason but I can't go back"

"How can I avoid him this time?", there is no reason left to avoid going to New York this time.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The next chapter would be uploaded soon
😘

***Don't forget to comment and share***

***Your vote is valuable for every chapter 🥰***