Another step closer

Nicole's POV

"How's Chloe?" Miko asked his cousin. We're currently at Xiel's house. It's weekend so we decided to hang out. Besides we have lots to talk about.

"Yeah. But the doctor advised her to rest." Permanent na yata ang pagkasimangot sa mukha nya.

"Where's Knight and Azrielle?" Xyrene asked with a creased forehead. Ngayon nya lang ba napansin na wala yung dalawa. Lagi namang wala yung dalawang yun. Halos makalimutan ko na nga na si Bryle at Azrielle ang magbestfriend nuon.Sana kung nandito pa si Kuya at Raquel, kumpleto pa sana kami.

"Those two were gone most of the time. You should be used to it by now." Walang ganang sagot naman ni Bryle.

"Let them be. We have more important matters to discuss." Xiel said seriously. He turned to Jade who's been quiet since she got here. "Ella bought a share in your company. Hawak na rin nya ang company nyo. Paanong nangyari ito?"

We all turned serious when we looked at her.
"I don't know but my parents told me that we weren't bankrupt when I asked the reason. As far as I know, our company's doing very well. I was surprised when my parents told me about it. They were surprised of it too."

I frowned. "How did your parents not know of that? They're the one who handled the business. Its impossible. Were they slacking off."

"Of course not. " She said with an incredulous expression." They were not informed about it. Atleast that's what my parents said."

"Then how did she get a hold of your company?" Xyrene asked. "Unless she did it in dirty ways."

"Maybe you should asked your brother. I'm sure he has an idea how this happened." Bryle calmly said.

"That's impossible. My brother refused to talk to me."

Yeah. That would be impossible. Her brother hates her too.

"Well that's just a suggestion. I can't think of any answer to your dilemma. Or maybe ask your grandparents. They still own the company even if it was managed by your parents, right?" He said offhandedly.

"Asking my grandparents is a no too. I still have no rights in the company unless I inherit my parents share. They would just asked questions I can't answer."

"Maybe Bryle is right. Dylan knows Ella's plans. He can definitely answer our questions. He was still your twin brother. Maybe he still has a soft spot for you?" Miko said unsurely. I look away. I can't still look at him without remembering our past.

"How would I do that?" She asked. Xiel didn't object, maybe he agrees with Bryle.

"A call perhaps?" Kareen answers unsurely.

Jade look at us then breathed deeply.
"Alright. It's just a call and a question. Let's hope he answers." She gets her phone then look at us again. We nod then she starts to dial Dylan's number. She puts it on loudspeaker.

We heard the dial tone. After a minute the call got answered. But we didn't hear any sound on the other line.

"Hello?" Jade said in a small unsure voice.

"Why did you call me?" We heard Dylan's husky voice.

"I'm sorry to disturb you. Kaya hindi na ko magpapaligoy-ligoy pa. I want to ask something." She said more sure this time.

"Why would I answer you? I'm sure it would be nonsense." He answers gruffly.

"It's about our company. Our parents work hard for it. But now Ella has share in it. Mom and Dad were not even informed about it till yesterday. Its their right to know everything hats happening in the company." She said sadly with a hint of anger in her voice. We still kept silent. Dylan might end the call if he heard that were listening in on their conversation.