Questions

Song for this chapter:
Paralyzed by Against the current

------

                                  Rain's POV

I breathed deeply before I knocked on her office's door. I don't understand myself lately. I felt like something's going on with my sister.

Or perhaps there's something wrong with me. I started to question myself. And I started to get suspicious of her. I can't help it. I know that there's a lot of things that she's not telling me.

"Come in." Her penetrating gaze is what welcomes me when I opened the door. I walked towards her after I silently closed the door.

Her office is too quiet beside the sounds made by my steps. Her presence made me feel afraid to make unnecessary noise or I might disturb the silence in this room. Goodness Rain! That's your twin sister! Why do I act as if I was approaching a monster.

"It's weekend Rain. Why are you here? You should've stayed to rest at home."  She said while still staring at me. It felt like she can see right through me. I felt like crying without tears.

We're twins but why does her eyes and her whole countenance more intimidating and predatory than I. I'm the man. I was internally sulking right now😫.

"Uuwi rin ako agad. Just want to check on you and the company. Ang aga mo kasing umalis sabi ng mga katulong sa bahay. Pagkagising ko nakaalis ka na." I scratched my head. Kinukuto na yata ako. "Saka I'm not tired. I can help you today to sort things out in the company. Wala rin naman kasi akong gagawin ngayon."

She hummed in response.
"What is it? You wouldn't come here on your own accord and in the weekends at that if you didn't have something important to say."  She bent her head a bit sideways.

"Oh it's not that important. Just..just want to ask you something." She nod for me to continue. "It's just that Dylan and Lizzie said that they saw you yesterday with ahm.. with a guy in a restaurant."

"You want to know who he is." She confirmed what's on my mind.

"Well... Who's that guy? They said you seem close to him." I was skeptical about what those two told me. Aside from me, she wouldn't let anyone get in physical contact with her. Even if it's just a pat in her head.

"He's just some business partner. An old acquaintance of mine too." She shrugged her shoulders. "Not someone you need to know." She continues seriously.

"I'm sorry. I was just curious about him. Just that I don't know any other guy you're close with." I said carefully. I know she's hiding something from me. I want to pry her more but I don't want her to be mad at me.

"Just drop it. He's nothing of importance." She said with finality.

I kept silent while staring at floor. I laugh mockingly internally. I guess I'm right. She's really hiding something from me.

I want to know what were those things. Why would she hid those from me. My guts tell me that it's not as simple as she make it seem.

"And Rain.." She cuts off my internal musings. "There's a change of plan."

"Change of plan? What plan?" I ask warily. I don't feel good about it. Something's wrong.

She stared deeply.
"It's Chloe. I want you to withdraw from our plan to use her against Xiel."