⚜️Epilogue⚜️

⊱"La vie est un sommeil, l'amour en est le rêve" — Alfred de Musset

Life is a long sleep and love is its dream

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"So you've been a Sin for decades, huh?"

Jungkook jumped at the sudden appearance of God in his room and whirled around before covering the paintings of her and himself. The canvases were worn out by time but he was still trying to preserve them using every means.

"Oh! I- How do you do?" The Sin spluttered, widening his eyes at him. "I mean, yeah, I guess..."

God chuckled softly, seeing his nervousness to hide the paintings as endearing. "And how have these decades been for you?"

Jungkook scratched his head. "Normal? Same? Why are you asking me that?"

"Normal? I'm sure you felt less than normal, disgruntled, tired, aimless," God sighed before placing a hand on his shoulder. "Now... It's time for you to be free from hell."

The Sin locked gazes with him and waited for a punchline that never came. "I'm not here for forever?"

"You wanted the former Lust to be reborn when coming here and that's ending soon. Her new life depends on her current one."

"And she's...?"

"As you've seen, she'll definitely go to heaven and get reborn soon," God explained with a soft smile. "With that, your sacrifice ends as well."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed deeply. "What do you mean?"

"As I said, time for you to live your next life as you were supposed to."

With a firm stance, he stretched out his hand for the stupefied boy to hold.

"As a human."

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

The cocoa-colored haired man watched a boy and a girl sitting a few seats away from each other in the ice cream cafe. They looked and seemed awfully familiar to him and yet, what he was told wasn't in line of what he was thinking about them.

He wondered if he was lied to.

"They won't meet each other."

A voice startled him and he whipped his head to find Humility beside him.

"Souls like them never run into each other."

Pride stared at him in uncertainty. "What?"

"You figured it out, didn't you?" Humility pointed at the two. "They're the former Sins of Lust. Eunsook and Jungkook, I recall?"

The Sin gawked at him. "You think so, too? But that can't be. Eunsook was supposed to be erased and Jungkook was taken away by God. Were those lies?"

"Of course they lied. This could change everything if they're not cautious."

Pride nodded. "The agreements and wagers... They can do anything..."