⚜️Chapitre quarante-trois⚜️

⊱"En sa beauté gît ma mort et ma vie" – Maurice Scève

In her beauty resides my death and my life

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Just another day, another set of hours to drift through aimlessly.

That's what time started feeling like to the Sin of Lust.

He had stopped aging and it made him lose grasp of such reality. He had stopped feeling and it made him lose grasp of his own mind. He was frozen, but the years truly had no mercy, forcing him to crash and drown in the endless sea of time.

He was lost...

But whenever his fingers found the star necklace to caress it... he was home.

The star was always there, navigating him, carrying him to where his heart belonged whenever he's lost in the raging waves of the sea with nothing else in sight. It anchored his mind to sanity.

Cradled in his memories with her, his heart would tinge with the familiar feeling of love he would lose from time to time, and he was home.

When he's home, things would feel better.

"I've been wondering..."

Jungkook's eyes slid to the black haired man next to him who seemed more interested in the item than the family dinner.

"That necklace... Was it a gift from someone close to you?"

The purple haired man unconsciously held the necklace again and a sad smile tugged his lips, arousing the other men's interests. He couldn't decide if it was a parting gift from the star-lover girl or if it was a junk she threw away. Either way, he somehow held it dearer than a gift.

"You could say that..."

The Sins were not satisfied with the answer but they didn't push him further. It seemed painful to him and they cared about him as their youngest brother.

Gluttony gasped loudly, remembering something horrifying. "I ran into a kid who could see me today!"

"What?!" Pride scowled. "And what did you do?"

"I gave her a cake to shut her up," the older man stated proudly, wiggling his eyebrows as if that was the most genius way to solve the problem. It made Lust snort before breaking into chuckles.

"Jin hyung, that solves nothing."

"It solves her first impression of me." Gluttony breathed out a laugh, pleased that he made Jungkook smile after so long.

Everyone felt the same, watching him with soft smiles.

Ever since he was titled Sin of Lust, he tried working hard to fulfill his duty. He had to. Her life depended on him. Even when Lucy preferred a female for Lust, he was satisfied with having him because of his charms and hunky appearance.