⚜️Chapitre quarante⚜️

On est chez soi là où le cœur s'attache

Home is where the heart is

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

The wind was fluttering the cream curtains, and over the small room, the stars filled up the sky, shining brightly, too many to count. The stars reassured the tired me, soothing the many tears, many worries that were deep inside me. They pampered me, telling me to go to sleep without tormenting myself.

Fiddling with my star necklace and listening to them, I stood there beside the windows, deep in thought until warmth engulfed me with two arms. Jungkook placed his chin over my shoulder and snuggled into the crook of my neck, humming quietly.

"Aren't you sleeping?" Groggy, deep voice murmured next to my neck. "Or do you not sleep at all?"

A chuckle left me and I placed my hands over his before leading us back to the bed. "Come on."

Although my tears blurred my vision, I still smiled in front of my love. Even if our happy times were short, I treasured them deep inside my heart like those countless number of stars, forever.

My one cherished star held my hand as he wrapped me in his embrace, filling me with warmth and love as the night passed with me in his arms, tracing his soft features with my eyes and engraving them into memory.

When the morning arrived sooner than I hoped, I wished time would stop just like that. I wanted to freeze in time along with him.

When Jungkook finally stirred and opened his doe eyes to capture me playing with his bangs, twirling them with my finger, a lazy grin stretched on his lips.

"Morning," he giggled, unusually cheerful, and pulled me closer to cuddle.

"It's afternoon, silly," I breathed out with a laugh, brushing his crazy hair. It felt strange and somehow different to be close to him like this after last night.

"So early." He beamed, glowing with joy, and closed his eyes with his nose brushing against mine in an adorable way.

"What do you want to do today?"

He opened his eyes to stare into mine, humming and caressing my cheek so tenderly, my heart squeezed and wrenched. "How about bowling? Or we could go to that pet cafe I've been planning on going. Or or, we could go to the movies-"

There were so many things I wanted to do and his ideas were endless...

It was unfortunate that I had just one day to spend as a human with him.

"We only have a few hours now since you slept past noon," I laughed, booping his nose. "Let's go to that deck resort we saw last month. There was an arcade and a planetarium there. For you and for me."

He grinned, eyes forming pretty crescents. "Okay. But give me ten more minutes."

I groaned when he nuzzled into my neck before breaking into laughter. "It's way past noon, Jeon Jungkook!"