⚜️Chapitre quarante-et-un⚜️

Ne me quitte pas

Don't leave me

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"You're really going to do this?!" Enraged yells startled the Sins who could only stare at me helplessly as Wrath glanced at each one of them in disbelief. "Why aren't you stopping her, Pride?! Gluttony?!"

I stepped forward to place a hand on his shoulder, turning him towards myself. My hollow smile wasn't doing anything to pacify him but I didn't give in.

"I'm fine, Hoseok." I took a long look at each man who couldn't hold my gaze, hanging their head low. "Thank you for everything you did for me and treating me like a sister, my brothers."

"Eunsook," Sloth whispered, clenching his eyes closed while the others glanced up at me with mournful frowns. It was amazing how we formed a special bond with each other for the last centuries, us foul creatures.

Flashing them one last wholehearted smile, I patted Wrath's back before heading to where God and Lucy were waiting for me. Each step was heavier than the previous. My knees started trembling as I neared the two and a shameful thought of running away even struck me.

I was so sure about my decision, but when I arrived face to face with eternal death...

I was scared.

Terribly.

"It seems you've made your decision."

Swallowing what weighed like a heavy lump, I slowly nodded to Lucy. "He gave me the best of life. Every moment was beautiful like it never was and that's enough. I was the happiest I'd ever been with him."

"So you're saying..."

Preparing myself, I took a deep breath. It would all end now.

"I-"

"Please don't disappear!"

God's and Lucy's eyes were as wide as saucers as they darted to someone behind me and I immediately whirled around in shock, recognizing the voice.

"Jungkook..."

He was running towards us. He wasn't supposed to be here. He wasn't supposed to be in hell.

My heart plummeted.

"How did you get in here?!"

"The Sin of Greed took me here. He told me everything, Eunsook!" His hands grabbed mine and I shuddered at the contact. My mind had already accepted that I wouldn't see him again but here he was, clasping my shaking hands. "You're going to disappear? Because of me... because you didn't take me to hell, you're disappearing forever?!"

I sucked in a breath, cursing Greed in my head. "Don't do unnecessary things, Jungkook. It's either you or me."

"You've never lived happily and I refuse to let you go like this!"

I shook my head, trying to slip my hands out of his tight grip. "Neither did you, please stop."