⚜️Chapitre neuf⚜️

Qui vivra verra

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Lust!"

I jolted up on my bed from the sudden jab to my sides and threw my nastiest glare at the intruder.

"Fucking- Wrath, what the fuck?"

The fiery haired man chortled with little bounces beside me, clapping excitedly. "My, oh my. I really missed teasing you like this. You've been gone for days, Lust." He pouted near the end, acting sad, dramatically changing his expression.

I scoffed, turning my attention back to my phone. "Nice to see you, too."

The device suddenly slipped out of my hand and floated further and further above me when I tried reaching for it, and flew into the hands of the supernatural being beside me. His eyebrows rose and eyes narrowed wickedly at me, and I groaned internally, already expecting his teasing remarks.

"Seems like you have your prey lured in so close to your trap, Lust," he chuckled diabolically but soon his eyes sparkled in pretense as he scrolled. "But tell me, have you grown accustomed to this kid?"

Jumping to my feet, I snatched the device and gripped it tightly to avoid being swiped by his powers again. The redhead's smirk widened. I didn't know whether he was bored or just nosy.

"Grow accustomed to a mortal in a span of weeks?" I snorted, plopping down and crossing my legs. "Please. I've been with you for centuries and yet, I still haven't gotten used to your annoying banters."

My desk chair slid to his behind on its own and he sat down on it opposite me, still smirking. "We have centuries more, sourpuss. All I'm tryna do is have fun and laugh with you, purple wet blanket." Sighing loudly, he slumped back to stare at the ceiling. "Laugh a little... Live a little... We both know we all never enjoyed life while we were alive, so why can't we do it now?"

The light mood he was trying to create suddenly collapsed, plunging into the despair of our pasts, our scars resurfacing.

I knew where he was coming from, but we weren't entitled to such luxury. Living.

The seven of us were just miserable remnants of our wretched pasts, wandering around, watching other people live on and on and on, and just wondering... where did we go wrong? Our lives weren't bed of roses, and our endings sure as hell weren't.

"Can we?" I flashed him a pained smile to which his playful one faltered. "Especially you, Wrath. Chaos and destruction and everything about violence should be what you represent. Happiness? Can you afford that?"

For a brief moment in silence, he sat motionless, vacant gaze frozen on the floor between us. I regretted blurting those words, knowing full well how he always tried so hard to cheer up others because he himself couldn't.

"Wrath, I-"

"It's fine, Lust," he whispered, still not moving. "Maybe I should leave you alone. You seem to have a lot of destructive thoughts inside that cornered mind of yours."