⚜️Chapitre vingt-huit⚜️

Ça fait mal

It hurts

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

{Double update because you all wanted this hehe}

The first thought that struck me when I entered the venue was leaving the place before anyone I knew saw me.

White veils and flower garlands were falling from the ceilings like beautiful showers. Rose bouquets of the same color with exquisite and ornate vases were decorating every corner, every space. It was a fairy tale scenery. The whole thing was blinding and if I had worn something not white colored, I would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

My heart was pounding harder with each step I took, and my limbs were trembling, ready to bolt out of the building. Trying to regulate my hard breathing, I gripped my purse and closed my eyes for a moment.

Eunsook, get a grip on yourself. You're not a human. You're not involved in such things.

Opening my eyes, I took a deep breath and decided to wander around the area to calm myself before the ceremony. Men and women of all ages were dressed in formal attire and chatting with each other about the bride and the groom.

Forgetting that I wasn't invisible anymore, I walked from room to room out of curiosity and passed by people I didn't know and bridesmaids who were fixing each other's hairs and giggling to themselves. All of them looked so excited and giddy, it was cute. It reminded me of my friends who were long gone.

I wondered if they were living happily now.

"You know that you're the only one I love, right?"

I passed by a room and accidentally caught a glimpse of a couple kissing each other so eagerly. The woman didn't even try to dress formally, wearing a short pink summer dress instead. What a place to be kissing like that...

Shuffling past that, I marveled at how luxurious the place looked. It was obvious that the bride and the groom were filthy rich. A venue like this would cost a fortune.

"Eunsook?"

As I arrived at the hallway, I turned my head to see Bambam walking towards me with a friendly smile. If I was worried about sticking out among the crowd, he was definitely aiming for that with his hot pink colored suit and gelled blonde hair.

"Oh, hey. You look... dashing."

His smile widened into a proud smirk. "Thanks. You look ho- gorgeous. You look gorgeous."

I wanted to roll my eyes but fought against it. "Thanks."

"Come on. Jungkook is sitting around the middle in the ceremony hall." He led me inside the bustling hall and towards where the dark haired man was sitting alone.

He looked stunning. A black suit hugged his body perfectly and my heart skipped a beat when his glimmering doe eyes captured me.

"Hey! Thanks for coming," he chimed, grinning as we took our seats on either side of him. "You look... beautiful."

It was the first time I heard him compliment my appearance and I wanted to scream out loud.

"Thank you," I whispered. "You look very handsome."