⚜️Chapitre quarante-deux⚜️

Le secret

The secret

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"What happened stays confidential. You shouldn't tell anyone what happened."

Jungkook meekly nodded and furiously rubbed his eyes while trembling in sobs. He kept assuring himself that he could handle it. He could handle ending his pitiful life and devoting the rest of his days to hell if it meant she would be there.

That was all that mattered.

"You must be regretting this-"

"No," he quickly denied, snapping his head up to God.

"We'll see..."

Suddenly, his chest hollowed out, sinking into void, and the feelings in his veins turned numb. He felt empty. As if someone dug out the very thing, the core thing that made him feel alive. His senses were dimmed and his heart lost. Ebony hair was painted lavender and cold hands burst with a surge of power.

"Welcome to hell," Lucy announced with so much excitement, shooting a smile at the newest member of his collection. "The rules are very simple. You bring in sinners and receive special treatment and authority."

"There are rules you must never break," God added, sighing softly, crestfallen to see one of his children turn into a Sin before his eyes, "such as interfering with humans' lives, using your powers on Virtues, and murdering the innocent."

Jungkook nodded but half of the words didn't reach his ears as he couldn't grasp the reality of what was happening to him. Greed had explained most of the things but it was overwhelming.

"I would have never guessed."

A hazel haired woman strutted into the room with her snowy dress flowing behind her. She wasn't at all fazed at how the events unfolded. Rather, she was very delighted to see the human there.

"Greetings to the new Sin of Lust," Chastity chimed with a soft smile at the purple haired boy. The title sounded so foreign and heavy to him.

"I'm Chastity." Her smile widened.

In awe, his doe eyes scanned her up and down. Gentle features with maternal and affectionate feel to them, she indeed looked like the embodiment of love and loyalty to him. Still, no one could come close to Eunsook.

"See how reckless you were to make that agreement with Lust?" God cut in between their interaction, frowning at the girl while she timidly scratched her neck, looking away. "It's time for you to go now, too."

"Where?" Jungkook wondered out loud. A thought that Chastity was going since she lost the bet struck him, but it felt wrong.

God and Lucy exchanged looks while the latter frowned. There was no telling what they were thinking and Jungkook knew they were powerful enough to decide or do anything.

"It was quite reckless of Chastity to make a bet like that and we can't have the other doing such a thing after this," God spoke first and Lucy nodded, agreeing.