⚜️Chapitre vingt-six⚜️

L'ange et le diable

Angel and devil

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

After taking a walk down the streets in the morning to cool my head, I prepared myself to apologize for what I did and settle things between Jungkook and I as a last resort. I couldn't bear it anymore. I wasn't going anywhere.

Repeating every word in my head like a chant, I went over my apology again and again to polish it with every step back to the dorm. I had to find an excuse to meet him since it was a weekend and I wondered if I should bluff that I needed advice on my work.

It was lame and overused but what was I supposed to do?

Sighing, I let my eyes wander the neighborhood where huge malls and shopping centers were located, but the area was nearly empty save for a few people walking to and fro. While I was doing so, someone nearly bumped into me and I turned around to curse him out, I froze when I recognized his back.

I stopped on my tracks as I watched him walk to a pedestrian light alone. Seeing it as an opportunity, I called his name a few times, but he didn't hear me... or he didn't want to. I resorted to running after him while shouting but he still didn't look back, standing still beside the pedestrian light and waiting for it to turn green. The road was empty but he wasn't jaywalking.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry! Please listen to me!"

He pulled out some devices from his pockets and put them in his ears before crossing the road while I watched him in desperation and defeat from afar.

He was deliberately ignoring me. I didn't understand it. Was what I did something so serious to cut off all ties with me? Did he see me as such a bad person?

The sound of a car speeding up snapped me out of my daze and panic seeped into my blood when I saw a truck coming so fast even though the lights were red. Looking up at Jungkook, I ran as fast as I could while yelling his name and pushed him out of the road using all my power. The driver blared the signals but I didn't have the time to react.

The rest happened too fast for me to process.

My body was thrown away by a colossal force after my bones got crushed by the hit. The sounds of my neck breaking and the pain spreading all over my body seemed so distant. I hadn't felt pain like that since forever. My vision was blurred by my blood and I couldn't draw a single breath since my lungs were pierced by my broken ribs.

It was enough to kill me and I wondered if I was going to die before my consciousness slipped into the void.

Just before that, I heard him calling my name and letting out broken sobs.

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

When I opened my eyes and studied the bright white room, I felt no pain, no fatigue whatsoever. Memories came crashing down on me and I quickly sat straight up to inspect myself for injuries.

My neck was intact, my organs were working and my bones were just fine. When I checked the monitor, it was showing that I was as healthy as ever.

I figured that since I was already dead, my body must had gone back to its usual state even if I was heavily injured. That was plausible. I was so convinced that I was human, I was afraid that I was dying when I got hit.