⚜️Chapitre quinze⚜️

La routine peut être mortelle

Routine can be lethal

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

A stroke of noir eyeliner, a dab of glittery eyeshadow, a swipe of red gloss, and I was all set. The red backless sequin short dress hugged my body snugly and I grabbed my leather jacket before walking to the door.

Tonight, I was feeling really fortunate. Jungkook was finally going to one of the dorm parties since his girlfriend convinced him to go. Hallelujah! An opportunity to make advances after getting him drunk.

I froze in place when a few knocks resounded against the door.

As far as I recalled, I didn't have any visitors at this late hour. The Sins would never politely knock on the door like this, resorting to appear inside my room without notice instead.

It couldn't be Jungkook. He should already be at the party by now.

After holding the handle for a minute of hesitation, I warily opened the door and gasped at the person standing behind it.

"What are you doing here?"

Ebony hair styled in side part, long bangs swept elegantly across his forehead, thick eyebrows knitted together deeply, pillowy lips straightened into thin line and his usual starry eyes were dulled. Awfully dulled.

The dejected looking man was wearing a tight white shirt under his bomber jacket and a tight ripped jeans that flaunted his muscular thighs and calfs. He took a few steps back and took in my appearance before apologizing. "Were you heading out?"

I had forgotten all about the party when I saw him so... down in the dumps. The very reason I was going to the party was standing in front of me, so I wasn't going to head out.

"Uh... I was, but change of plans and now I'm staying in." I stepped backwards and opened the door wider. "Come on in. Did something happen? Are you heading out?"

Jungkook sauntered inside with a small smile, looking at anywhere else but me. "I'm not going out. The guys are at a party so I came to check if you were here cuz I didn't want to be lonely."

Any other time, he was just fine with being alone. He was definitely acting weird and he wasn't going to the party?

An idea popped in my head and I flashed him a huge grin. "Why don't we watch movies? You said you were too busy to watch Disney movies last time. I've been wanting to see one!"

A laugh broke out from him and his expression softened, relieving me. "Sure. I'm free now anyway. Which one are we watching?"

Free now, huh...

"Go on and make yourself comfortable," I ushered, gesturing to my bed. "I'll quickly change into something comfy in the bathroom and join you. You can choose the first movie."

"Oh, it's a marathon now?" Jungkook tittered, taking off his jacket as I scrambled to the wardrobe, grabbing a few clothes.

"It's only seven o'clock and tomorrow's a weekend." I shrugged and closed the bathroom door behind me.

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

It was thirty minutes into the first movie and halfway down the bowl of nacho chips when Jungkook spoke up about why he so suddenly came up to my doorstep.