⚜️Chapitre trente-neuf⚜️

Entre deux cœurs qui s'aiment, nul besoin de paroles

Two hearts in love need no words

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

"Then, if I let you have me, will that make you stay with me?"

A gasp left me and I quickly grabbed his wrist to teleport us into his dorm room before anyone could hear him. "Jungkook!"

His hands came up to hold mine over his chest as his eyes captured mine in a desperate lock. "Please stay with me. I don't care if you're not a human or not. You're you, the one I love with all my soul. No one loved and cared about me more than you, and I never felt love like I do with you. Please take me. Just stay with me, please... Whether on earth or in hell, be with me."

I shook my head again and again as if that's the only thing I could do to deny his feelings along with mine. Because of the tears that rolled down my cheeks, it wasn't convincing either of us, but I was powerless to do anything else to reject him.

His warmth cupped my cheeks and gently wiped the wetness away before a shaky whisper cut the silence. "Do you love me?"

How could I lie? How could I hide the truth that was tearing me apart and pushing me to the end? In his trembling hands and anxious whispers, I didn't have the heart to lie about the only truth I was certain about.

"I do..."

"Then please..."

His forehead pressed against mine and his shaky breaths brushed my skin. The way he was trembling made me want to drop everything and hold him tight, never letting him go. The way his dark eyes reflected the setting sun, glowing amber and anguish that was consuming him made me want to cherish him and ease his pain.

"Please..."

With a last weak whisper, he clenched his glazed eyes shut and pulled his lips between his teeth, biting harshly. Vulnerable and defeated, he was laying out his heart and soul for me, holding me for dear life and begging me to stay. It truly wrenched my heart to see him like this.

The only thing I would never bear was to see him in pain.

With a deep inhale to gather my thoughts, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and settled my cold hands at the back of his head before pulling him, closing the remaining distance between us. His eyes snapped wide open as I leaned forward to kiss the tip of his nose.

"Aren't you afraid of me?"

His lips curled up in a soft smile. "I'm supposed to be afraid... right?"

"Aren't you?"

His smile fell. "I'm afraid of you disappearing."

A stab at my heart started its bleeding in my throbbing chest. And I realized that he would feel such pain after I leave.

In between repressed wants and vulnerable glances, we moved simultaneously, lips meeting each other in a deep and slow, longing kiss. It enlivened my heart and revived every fiber in me. He tasted like syrup and vanilla, sweet and overwhelming as I indulged in his warmth and the velvety feel of his lips. My breathing quickened when his hands started caressing my sides and I raked mine through his silky hair before grabbing a handful, earning a low moan from him.