⚜️Chapitre huit⚜️

Réalité et cauchemar

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

I never kept track of time ever since I had arrived to hell. I never kept track of time during my 'life' as a Sin, either. An hour, a day, a month, a few decades could pass and I wouldn't notice at all.

Time would flow just the same with me luring people to commit the forbidden deeds, nothing out of the ordinary. As if I was frozen in time, in my own comfort zone.

But ever since I gambled with Chastity and let myself be assigned to a boy for a task, time started flowing... differently.

As agreed by both sides, I got myself human qualities from Lucy which made me sleep, wake up and experience hunger, things I had forgotten for centuries. A biological clock was ticking inside me and I lived through each day like how I would as a human again.

Just wishful thinking but actual reality.

A few weeks had already passed since the day I first met him. There wasn't a single day I didn't see him. Whether it be in classrooms, in dormitories or out and about, I was always running into him both intentionally and unintentionally.

I got used to university life and an art student's life at that with the help of my very own task, Jungkook.

In the past few weeks, he often taught me the techniques he used, the fundamentals of arts at school, in the dorms, and talked about the beauty of it all with so much passion. Sometimes our conversations would last more than five hours straight and I wouldn't even notice.

He was a good person. It was as plain as day. From the way he talked, the way his doe eyes sparkled, the way he would sometimes bring me some of his extra food, the childlike smile of his, the way he would watch me patiently whenever I painted...

I went to parties in hopes of running into him and playing drunk scenarios for my goal, but he would never show up. Even though his girlfriend was at literally every party on campus, he wouldn't go to at least one of them no matter how many times I asked him. He would reject me, saying he didn't need to go to useless a gathering where all people did was drink and that he had better things to do.

Can a man really be that abstinent?

Although I unwillingly started enjoying my time with him, I had to stay focused. Every man bore a frothing desire within himself with no exceptions.

How hard could making one man sin be?

I turned my head to see him standing a few feet away from me with arms crossed and brows knotted, silently observing the large painting before him. Compared to the hoodies and sweatpants he used to wear to museums like this, the light blue button up shirt and black slacks that flaunted his body line were an improvement today much to my relief. It used to be embarrassing to walk close to him when he dressed like that.

When I walked up to him, he let out a sigh without taking his eyes off the painting.

"This painting caught your attention, huh?"