⚜️Chapitre vingt quatre⚜️

La peur de toi

Fear of you

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

I downed the drink in one go and hissed loudly as the liquor trailed down my throat and chest, burning my flesh, and leaving a buzz to my nerves. Gluttony would be both proud and disappointed that I was drinking to numb my mind like a depressed man. It felt so satisfying to be affected by alcohol more than the usual as a deadly sin after what happened.

"Are you keeping a tab on yourself, Eunsook?" Greed asked carefully, watching me pour another glass for myself. "I've never seen you drink so much and that means a lot."

"That means nothing to me," I groaned before draining the glass. "I've never been in a pinch before. I've never thrown myself into this... one hell of a situation where I have to live in anxiety and fear before! Without my powers! Lucy kept pressuring me and I acted on my anxiety and fear like an idiot and now, Jungkook hates me!"

At first, people were handing me glasses after glasses, praising my dance and I splashed the drinks back on them when they were spiked. No surprise there. Some were afraid of Greed who sticked by my side and never approached, and I was glad that I called him here before arriving.

The room started spinning and I rubbed my eyes to get a grip. Girls and boys alike were whooping out loud in high spirits, giving a sense of youthful exuberance, dancing or rather, rubbing against each other's bodies and kept downing drinks like there's no tomorrow. I wasn't done with the night yet so passing out now would be hella disappointing.

I would only pass put after wallowing in my comfort long enough to dampen the regret of my actions.

Greed heaved a sigh before wrapping an arm around my waist, hugging my side and giving me a sympathetic smile. "You'll be fine, Eunsookie. He won't hate you because of that. Any man would bend over backwards for you."

I giggled, hearing his nonsense but appreciating him trying to cheer me up. "Sure. That's because I'm an object of desire that charms any man... except that one man who probably shoved me out of his whole life even if I wanted to stay in it."

Speaking nonsense myself and stripping my feelings bare, I could feel myself getting intoxicated and I blamed it on being human.

"You want... to stay in his life...?" Greed bent forward to examine my face with wider eyes. "As in... willingly?"

"I don't know, okay," I shouted, covering my red face in exasperation. "Maybe I do or maybe I don't. I'm so sick of all of this and I just want to live peacefully, Jimin. Whenever I'm with him, I just feel so comforted and peaceful. Ugh, I don't know!"

The blonde slick back haired man's expression fell and he caught his lower lip between his teeth as if he was deep in thoughts.

"No matter how many times I try to get him in bed, he still doesn't do it!" A familiar voice whined and I snapped my head her way before scowling at the girl.

Did I hear that, right? Jia was doing what?

"Do you know how long I waited to tap that fine ass. He's huge and I assure you that. Those thighs and biceps and abs- I just can't believe he's not doing it with me after how long?!" She groaned to her friend who just burst out laughing before asking if he was gay, and something inside me snapped before I strutted towards the two.