↳ 𝙙𝙤𝙗𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙛

"You sure like that book, Harry." Leo spoke from his bed, Harry looking towards him. After Recent events, the Dursley's gave the duo Dudley's second bedroom. Were they scared of the magical duo? Leo would never question it if it meant going back to the rusty cupboard. "Well, it is the only image of my parents I have." Harry retorted, Leo shrugging. "Fair." He simply said, looking at Otis, the owl screeching slightly. The bird and the boy's relationship has grown immensely over the summer, as if they were made for each other. Leo stopped thinking and staring when Hedwig, Harry's owl let out a screech from her cage, wanting to be let out and fly. "I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic out of school." Harry told the bird, Leo squinting his eyes.

"I'm sure you don't have to do magic to open a ca-" Leo started before the dreaded voice, one Leo hasn't missed, interrupted. "Boys! " He called, Leo sighing and getting up, straightening his pants. "Now you've done it." Harry told Hedwig, the two boys running downstairs.

----------=----------

Harry walked through the door to the kitchen first, coming face to face with Petunia, her decorating a very 'appetising' cake. "He's in there. Vernon." She told him, Harry nodding and keeping the door open for Leo. The boy came face to face with Petunia too, the woman having a slight glare on her face for no apparent reason. Leo just put on a big, sarcastic smile and followed Harry, letting the door shut on it's own, rather loudly. He walked round the corner to see Vernon fixing Dudley's bowtie. "I'm warning you boy, you can't control those bloody birds, they'll have to go." He told Harry, Leo sighing and looking at Dudley, the boy looking smug in his suit that the family spent way too much money on.

"But they're bored. If we could only let them out for an hour or two-" Harry started before Vernon interrupted, again. "Hah! So you both can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No." He told them, looking in the mirror. Leo glared at him as Harry sighed in defeat. "Neither of us have had any messages from any of our friends." Harry spoke, Leo looking down in sadness. "Not one. All summer." Leo said quietly, Vernon and Dudley turning to them. "Who'd want to be friends with either of you? " Dudley spat, barging Leo on the shoulder as he walked past. "I should think you'd be a little more grateful." Vernon started when Leo looked back at him. "We've raised you both since you were babies, family and not family," Vernon pointed to Leo to emphasize his point.

"Given you two food from our table, we even let you guys have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts!" Vernon finished by putting a hand on his chest. Leo stared at him blankly and disappointed. "Not now, bobkin, this is for when the Mason's arrive." Leo heard Petunia tell Dudley as Vernon put his hands up. "Which is any minute!" He exclaimed, ordering the family, plus Leo, to walk in the living room. "Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we?" Vernon asked, Leo and Harry standing to the side of the room, bored. "Petunia, when the Mason's arrive, you will be..." Vernon motioned to his wife. "In the lounge, waiting to welcome them gracefully into our home." She smiled sweetly, even adding a demonstration of how she would greet them.

"Good, good." Vernon praised before turning to Dudley and pointing at him. "I'll be waiting to open the door." He 'graciously' spoke, Leo's face scrunching up, shocked by how serious the family is taking this. The whole family seemed to have a whole demeanour change as they looked at Harry and Leo, them glaring at Leo more since he wasn't family. "And you two? " Vernon asked the two, a dark aura now evident within his voice as Harry answered. "We'll be in our bedroom. Making no noise and pretending we don't exist." Harry told them, Leo pointing to him as if to agree. "Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career and neither of you will mess it up. " Vernon instructed them, trying to look intimidating.