↳ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨

THE NEXT DAY, HARRY GOT THE MAIL FOR THE DAY AS LEO SAT ON THE MOST RUSTY CHAIR THE FAMILY OWNED. Harry came back as Vernon wanted more coffee. Leo grabbed the coffee kettle off the side and refilled his cup as Harry handed him a letter.

Leo looked at the yellow letter curiously.

Mr L. Black
The cupboard under the stairs
4. Pivet drive
Little Whinging
Surrey

Leo turned it around to see a red stamp on the back. It had a badge on it split into four. A lion, a snake, a badger and an eagle. The letter 'H' was in the middle of the four animals. Leo stopped examining the letter as Dudley had rudely stolen Harry's letter."Dad, look! Harry and Leo both have letters!" He roughly handled Harry's letter as Vernon snatched Leo's letter. "Hey!" "Who'd bother writing to you two!" He grumbled and examined the letter also.

His face seemed to pale as he looked at the badge, Petunia looked at the same time and looked to Vernon. He took the letter out of Dudley's hand and shoved both boys into the cupboard as another two letters come through the letterbox. An owls screech faded away as it flew back to where it came from.

----------=----------

LEO AND HARRY WERE PLAYING ROCK PAPER SCISSORS WHEN THEY HEARD ELECTRIC WHIRRING OUTSIDE. The two boys stopped their game and Harry opened the cupboard door. The duo peeked past the tiny door to see Vernon drilling the front door's letterbox with a wooden plank. "No more mail through this letterbox!" He exclaimed, relieved as Harry and Leo made eye contact and Leo shook his head.

"Have a lovely day at the office, dear." Petunia sent her goodbyes to her husband, kissing both his cheeks. She stopped suddenly, Vernon noticed and followed her gaze to see a bunch of owls on the family car and all over the garden. "Shoo! Go on!" He waved his briefcase at the birds, trying to make them leave as Petunia held onto his arm from behind.

Petunia patted the mans arm and showed him the ground which was full off Leo's and Harry's Hogwart's letters piled upon one another.

----------=----------

"FINE DAY, SUNDAY. IN MY OPINION, THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK. WHY IS THAT, DUDLEY?" Vernon sat in his chair excited, questioning his son. The whole family and Leo were in the living room, Petunia knitting and Dudley watching TV. Harry was passing biscuits to everyone as Leo was filling Dudley's cup with juice. The boy looked up to the young Black and smiled cheekily, as if bragging that he didn't have to do anything. Leo smiled back tightly and sarcastically as Vernon asked Dudley a question. "I said, why is that Dudley?" He turned to the two boys. While Dudley shrugged, Leo sighed and answered for the boy. "No post on Sundays?" He questioned in his answer as Vernon happily pointed to the boy who was putting the lid on the juice, placing it on the table.

"Right you are, boy, no post on Sunday. Hah!" The man confirmed his answer as Harry handed him a biscuit. Harry looked out the window and saw an owl pass through the curtains. He looked at Leo quickly who didn't seem to notice and was listening to Vernon. "No blasted letters today!" Vernon chuckled, not seeming to notice the bird either.  "Not one single bloody letter!" He continued, Leo getting bored of him, tuning him out, looking to Harry who was moving the curtains to look out the window. The brown haired boy looked curiously at him and filled up Petunia's tea. He finished filling the drink up to see a little part through the curtains. He saw a flutter of owl wings through the translucent cloth.

The boy's attention went back to Vernon as Harry's letter flew through the fireplace and hit the man on the nose before landing on his lap. He looked to Harry before another letter, presumably Leo's, hit the side of his head and landed in his lap, perfectly placed next to Harry's. It was all silent as anyone hasn't a clue of what to say next when suddenly letters with both the boy's names came flying through the fireplace, the whole house shaking as they did. The living room was quickly filled up by letters as Dudley and Petunia held onto each other in fright. Harry and Leo made eye contact before running and grabbing one of their own letters. Everyone yelled as Leo and Harry grabbed one letter each and ran away from Vernon. The man realised they have the letters and ran after them.

Leo made it to the cupboard the two live in when he was suddenly picked up by Vernon. He felt Harry shuffling next to him as Vernon grabbed for their letters. Leo couldn't see anything but could hear Dudley and Harry, the latter screaming for Vernon to let him and his best friend go. Dudley and Petunia were stood in the kitchen doorway, watching the fight. "That's it! We're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!" Vernon screamed, still holding on tight to the duo. Dudley held onto his Mother. "Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?" Dudley asked the woman who didn't answer and looked at Leo who was thrashing around.

----------=----------

LOUD THUNDER AND CRASHING WAVES COULD BE HEARD OUTSIDE THE HOUSE THEY HAD TRAVELLED TO. It was a deserted house on a rock island that got wet every so often from the rough ocean water thrashing around. Petunia and Vernon slept in the rusty bed upstairs as Dudley slept on the bug-eaten couch downstairs, leaving Harry and Leo the sandy, uncomfortable floor. Harry had drawn a birthday cake on the ground as Leo held the watch he stole from Dudley on the way. "Excited for your birthday, Harry?" Leo whispered to the 'birthday boy' next to him, setting up the watch to countdown mode. "Kind of. How long ago was your birthday again?" Harry asked the boy who put a hand on his chest.

"Wow, I feel the love Harry, anyway, it was two weeks ago." He joked before answering. Harry giggled then smiled at him as he looked at the watch, realising they have a minute left. He looked at the cake on the floor. "You're turning ten this year?" He questioned Harry, seeing only ten candles drawn on the sand cake. Harry looked down and realised he forgot to draw one and sighed, Leo cheered him up immediately. "I saw this on Dudley's cake last week." He mumbled, drawing another candle that said '11' on it, making Harry smile at him.

"Thanks." He smiled at him and looked down at the watch, seeing they had 10 seconds left until 12:00am, the start of his birthday. The boys both counted down with the watch until it was 11:59. Leo wished Harry a happy birthday and as Harry blew out his candles, Leo pretended to be a roaring crowd, cheering and whistling quietly.

Harry laughed at his silly antics as their wholesome moment is interupted by a loud knock on the door, waking everyone in the 'house'.

Authors note:

[1260 words!]
Hope you enjoyed!

Byeeee!