Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Laughter was the prominent attribute around the camp, from jokes, songs, soft drinks, or even funny stories. The team comprising of Half of Uncle Sam's and Pravda's crews, along with the whole of Ooarai, hadn't much of a care In the world. For some time they had been tracking down Alice and the University team. Miho, who has overall command of the squad, wanted to at least talk with Alice. They hadn't been friends for long, but the adoration was there. The two had some connection that most would seem as sisterly like. Especially with their shared love for the Boko Bear.

Said commander was sitting by a campfire, cup of coffee next to her, and a map in hand. Said map had red X's on several different areas signaling to Miho that Alice was in none of those areas. Alongside her camp fire were her tank crew, Katyusha, Nonna, Klara, and Hans who led his Uncle Sam contingent.

"We could try the west, but that is dangerously close to Federation territory. The North is also good, but the heaviest of fighting has been up there. We've combed the south and the east is controlled by the Association, so they would've found anything first. I'm completely stumped." Miho said.

"There's nothing to be shamed about Miho, just means you've still got room to grow." Hans said.

"I don't really think I can grow anymore though. I've used every sense of planning I have to find them, and I haven't a clue." Miho said. She was as gloomy as she always gets when these situations arise.

"Come on Mihosha, you've found a way to defeat me! That's impressive in of itself." Katyusha said. Miho cracked a smile and giggled. She was right. Miho had come up with brazen ideas and strategies before, she could do it again.

"Plus you've got us now. If you need anything my guys will give one-hundred percent." Hans said. Miho continued her smile and nodded her thanks. Hans was right to. She always used to be finicky when discovering things or creating strategy that she forgets that she's not alone. She has her friends to help her.

"I'd say that having the boys around is a huge plus. Things have really livened up since we joined forces." Saori said gleefully.

"You saying that wouldn't happen to be connected to your new fondness for Charlie would it?" Mako deadpanned. Saori turned to her long-time friend with a blush on her cheeks and squealed.

"Mako!" She yelled. Miho laughed and began thinking about the new friends they had found in the Americans. When they first started this game they were all enemies, and now they cheered, ate, and even fought together. Plus the amount of romantic relationships that had popped up was staggering. Of course there were still people who hadn't come completely clean yet, Miho glanced at a certain someone while thinking that, but she believed it was all in due time. But that thinking also grew some jealousy in her. many of her friends had found someone they could happily call their loved one and Miho herself hadn't found someone like that yet. Of course she was still optimistic, but this thought weighted on her sometimes. Even though she wouldn't say it Miho knows for a fact that Maho has some interest in Edward.

"I do have to agree though, the boys have given us quite a new perspective on things." Hana said.

"Its amazing how well we've all gotten along. I honesty would have thought that the things the boys do would have been silly and stupid." Yukari said.

"Well the silly part is somewhat correct." Nonna said as she motioned towards another camp fire. There Mark and Austin were standing with sticks in their hands acting like they were swords. Both boys had swirled them in their hands and gripped the bottom and held their fists down by their pelvis. Mark was glaring at Austin while Austin was giving off a toothy grin.