Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The Panzer IV fired. The shell impacted upon the Renault R35's hull. The tank backed some feet before a white flag popped out of a hatch in the tank and waved in the air singling this tanks inoperability. Miho Nishizumi opened the top hatch of the Panzer IV and gazed at the surrounding area. Ooarai had taken down three tanks already in the match against Count High school. All the tanks had been Renault R35's. in fact all of Count High's tanks this match are Renault R35's. their flag tank was still hiding somewhere out in the field. Turtle Teams tank was acting as Ooarai's flag tank for this skirmish.

Miho glanced at the south-west noticing movement in the trees. Upon further analysis it was yet another 2 Renault R35's. meaning that the last two were sighted. Miho stomped her foot twice giving a signal to her driver Mako Reizei. Mako started driving forward towards the point indicated. Miho reentered the tank and closed the hatch.

"You spot something Miporin?" Miho heard Saori Takebe ask.

"The last two Count tanks are moving along the forest line. Hana, when you have a shot at the flag tank, take it." Miho said to the gunner Hana Isuzu.

"Got it." She said.

"Yukari load lightweight velocity shells. Its strong enough to pierce the Renault and can move fast enough to lessen the lead for Hana to aim." Miho said.

"Right" Yukari Akiyama, the Loader, said.

Once everything was ready Mako halt the tanks movements. Hana had a clear view of the forest line and noticed the two tanks moving through. Hana took a breath and fired. The shell moved as Miho predicted. It struck the flag tanks hull rendering it inoperable giving Ooarai the win for the match.

Everyone cheered. This was another important phase of success for the school. With their school firmly protected from that vile Renta Tsuji, the Sensha Do team of Ooarai now wanted to focus on expanding their team. They were receiving better funds for the upkeep of the tanks and with extra expenses they could purchase new tanks and mod kits.

Miho and crew hoped out of the tank after returning to start point. There she saw Noemi Kohiyama, the Commander of Count High School's Sensha Do team approach her.

"Fantastic match Ms. Nishizumi." Noemi said showing her hand.

Miho grasped it and shook. "With pleasure Noemi. Hope to have another one soon." Miho said.

With a grin and a wave Noemi left back to her team. Miho heard another vehicle approaching and turned to see that the rest of her team had arrived. Turtle, Hippo, and Leopon teams arrived with Rabbit Team being the only casualty on their side.

Of course, the first years were very upset about being knocked out. Though with some nice words from Miho the six girls were motivated to upping their game for next time.

"Good Job Miho. That's another win." Miho looked at Anzu, the school's president, who had given the compliment.

"Oh, no, all of us did a great job. We all deserve credit." Miho said.

"Yeah, but we have one grade A Commander at the helm. Who knew huh?" Anzu said.

Miho was feeling embarrassed. She was never used to the praise and publicity she would get from her teammates and the other students from the school. Once the word had been given that Ooarai would not shut down due to the Shensha Do teams work they became campus heroes. And with every victory they would rack up, Miho's praise would to.

"Take it easy Nishizumi, we have a break period of matches for a while. This will give us a chance to start expanding our team while also checking the market for knew tanks and kits." Momo said.

"Right." Miho agreed.

After the tanks were loaded up and all the girls were settled on the train taking them back to the school Miho decided to relax. It was about time. She had spent two days preparing for this match. She closed her eyes and drowned out the noise around her falling asleep.

"Have you heard of the news coming from America?" Duck Teams Noriko asked.

"You mean about the Tankery games over there? They've been doing it only a few years less then Japan has right?" Saori asked.

"Yeah but I heard that over there, Boys are allowed to participate." Noriko said.

"Really! No way!" Saori exclaimed.

"I think it was like that since the beginning for them. Boys were the ones who wanted Sensha Do over there in America." Erwin said.

"I thought only girls could do it?" First year Aya said.

"That's for Japan only. America are the only other country who have the sport, but they have different rules. And they even started calling it Tankery do differ slightly from Japan standards." Erwin said.

"Oh wow. I couldn't imagine a boy doing Sensha Do." Hana said.

"Well maybe the Sensha Do Federation of Japan (SFJ) might contact the Americans and see if we could have a match with them." Anzu said chiming in.

"I think it'd be cool. Who knows what kind of tanks they have in America?" Yukari said.

"Not to mention the cute Boys" Saori said.

Everyone laughed at Saori's typical boy crazed sentence. While the thought of doing Sensha Do with boys was not an unappealing idea many would find it unusual. Especially since Japan rules forbid boys from doing any Sensha Do ever.