Alt. Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Tank fire engulfed downtown Hoja City as St. Gloriana fired their 40mm guns towards the mass of M6 Heavies from Virginia. The guns did more damage to the surrounding buildings as Virginia's M6's were seated comfortably behind debris and structures. The M6's returned fire with better accuracy taking down two Matilda II's in turn.

Darjeeling groaned as one of the fired shells struck the Churchill. She shook her head and glared out the scope of the Commanders cupola, watching the Virginia tanks, waiting for some form of slip up, but she would only be disappointed. Commander Davis had proven to be a competent tactician and leader, unlike Rivers, and his defensive strategy was further irking Darjeeling. She had yet to find a safer and more open route to try and flank Virginia's side and that was causing these close corridor firefights between them to happen.

"Darjeeling, if this keeps up this battle will turn into a war of attrition." Assam mentioned firing off another shot.

"Yes, but we may not have a choice. Virginia has solidified their hold on the eastern part of the city and Commander Davis has funneled us into tight knit corridors. We're going to suffer casualties either way." Darjeeling said.

"We may have to find other methods of getting behind their line, this fight is costing us much time and ammo." Pekoe said sweat bearing down her head as she reloaded the main gun.

"How long has this fight been going for now?" Darjeeling asked.

"Four hours and seven minutes." Assam answered. Darjeeling sighed again. This was pointless, the Americans were dug in deep, and the best thing would be to fall back and regroup. This whole sit and wait or charge stratagem wasn't the elegant and refined way St. Gloriana plays Sensha Do. Then again they were up against Americans with much to lose.

A spark shot through Darjeelings eye at the thought. Not elegant or refined? Maybe but would it go down well with the girls? Darjeeling shook her head and grabbed her radio, she needed to try something.

"Rukuriri, follow me, we're trying something new."

"Roger." The girl said. Pekoe and Assam looked as their Commander confused but her eyes told them all they needed to know. Trust me, those eyes said.

Commander Davis Brown cursed at the news. Ooarai Academy was talented for a school who had just reopened their Tankery team only a year earlier. He read about the Nishizumi family and their history in the sport, so he wasn't to surprised at how Miho Nishizumi handled his defense. That StuG III was pummeling their debris wall and who ever was gunner for that Panzer IV was one hell of a shot. Come some more time and they could maybe give Rivers a run for his money, although the Montana boy would be insulted to hear Davis say that.

"I admit I'm impressed. I half expected Ooarai to try some form of crazy plan but instead their just sitting there taking pot shots at us." Davis said.

"Sadly its more effective then previously thought." Loader Timothy said.

"Aint that the truth." Davis said. His attention was diverted when a shell form Ooarai flew past overhead and struck an electrical pole causing the wires to fly around and the poke to crack and fall onto the top of one of the M6's. Davis immediately got onto the radio. "Hey, everybody alright in there!?"

"Yeah, we're ok. What hit us?" the tank commander asked.

"Electrical pole, don't exit yet we don't know it its live, let me check, Tim with me." Davis said hopping out of his tank as Tim followed.