Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Miho's Panzer IV came to a stop upon a fork in the road. Two directions split off heading east and north. Miho didn't need much thought, the east was under control of the Association, while the north was a contested front with Homedale being close by to the west. Miho directed Mako to advance along the northern route and following her was the combined squadron of Ooarai, Pravda, and Uncle Sam.

The northern route took the convoy through a beautiful coverage of trees. The branches covered the sky, but the light morning of an orange sun glazed the path like an early fall morning. The only thing missing would be the yellow and orange leaves on the floor and a crisp morning breeze.

Miho began to think about Alice and their friends on the University Team. Miho knew they would want to talk as well, though if they didn't they would at least hear what she had to say. But what did Miho want to say? Of course the first subject would be expressing pleasantries and addressing the necessities that humans needed. Miho then would tell them about what Akari had done to the boys when they were captured. This would be a response to the question why the high schoolers switched sides. If Alice and them didn't know then Miho would ask if they wanted to join up with them. what Akari did was detestable and none of the Sensha Do participants would have ever done such a thing. Megumi would most likely side with Miho on that fact. Rumi and Azumi would be skeptical but Alice had the overall decision and Miho didn't know what she would think or even say to that request.

The Panzer IV stopped again, and Miho was brought back from her thoughts. In front of the Panzer IV was a large stack of trees. All cut down and placed as a road block on the road. Miho raised an eye brow. "How did this happen?" She said to herself. Miho hopped out of the tank and walked forward to investigate the road block. The trees were stacked higher than the KV. It was remarkable the road block has held for this long. Miho's thoughts were again interrupted by Hans and Katyusha arriving.

"What in the world happened here?" Katyusha asked. This was not a strategy any of the high schoolers had ever thought of planning.

"I'm unsure. Hans, has the Association ever done things like this?" Miho asked.

"It's definitely possible, but despite popular belief we Americans try to refrain from excessive damage to the environment when we play. Plus we never had a match last as long a this one. In fact the longest Tankery match was about seven hours and forty-two minutes." Hans said.

"That long!? Who played it?" Katyusha asked. She was always keen on long Sensha Do matches and loved to corner and her target and whittle away at their morale.

"It was between Lincoln Memorial and some other school based in Nevada. This match was about twelve years ago I believe." Hans said trying to remember the facts.

"So the Association is out of the of the choices. Its most likely the Federation. But Alice and the All Stars are not out of the scene either." Miho said.

"The surrounding trees are to thick to drive through and personally I don't want to damage more of the environment then necessary, but it will take some time to remove all these logs." Hans said.

"So what know? I assume we the heavy tanks can pull these things weight, but this could be a trap. Ambush us while we're busy with the logs." Katyusha said.

"A Plausible point." Miho said. She had her hand on her chin as she was deep in thought. Hans and Katyusha only watched Miho; her look was a familiar one. She was currently thinking of a plan to put together while they are faulted by the barricade. "Hans, Katyusha, who are the ones you trust the most in terms of scouting?" Miho asked.