Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Shiho Nishizumi sat eyes closed, arms folded, and right leg crossed over her left. She hadn't touched her tea that sits in front of her the whole time. By now it would have gone cold so what point was there of drinking it now. Around the table with her was Ami Chono, one of the head members of the Sensha Do federation and referees for official Sensha Do matches. Chiyo Shimada, founder of the Sensha Do Shimada style and one of the fellow heads of the Sensha Do Federation. Lastly was good old Shichiro Kodama last member of the Sensha Do Federation, besides Shiho's self, and one of the more flexible then strict members when it comes to rules for Sensha Do.

The Federation was gathering for several reasons. One of which was the next season for the high school Sensha Do 65th tournament. Another was the funding of Ooarai Girls Academy. And lastly, much to Shiho's impatience, was the implications of the American Tankery Association (ATA). The Americans had taken a liking to Sensha Do so much they created their own league for it. Even High Schools were participating in the sport.

However, that wasn't the reason for Shiho's impatience. The fact was that the Americans who requested Sensha Do in America were boys. Boys! The very core and premise of Sensha Do was to teach Girls to be more feminine and independent. Having boys practice the sport was a blight and disrespect to the heritage of Sensha Do and Shiho was determined to shut down all forms of American Sensha Do. Or Tankery, as the Americans called it.

"Now that finishes all but one of our topics today. Ms. Nishizumi, I believe you had something you wanted to discuss?" Ami asked.

"Yes. Thank you." Shiho stood up and began speaking. "I have studied what I could on American 'Tankery' and found it to be quite appalling. It destroys the very nature of what Sensha Do is and shows that men have no right to practice something so sacred. I am making a motion to have the Americans shut down all Sensha Do sporting at once. They are to never build the sport again." Shiho said.

Ami might have expected this but Shichiro was shocked. "You want to influence another country's sporting events? That's preposterous." Shichiro stated.

"How so? They Blemish the natural beauty of Sensha Do and blaspheme by letting Boys participate in the sport. Its core values are for young women." Shiho said.

"For Japanese culture it is. But the Americans, as we all know, have a strange likeness to violent and destructive sports. Their 'Football and Hockey' are the best references I can recall. They took the plain layouts of Sensha Do and formed their own side of the sport, leaving the cultural effects out of it. Remember the English and Australians have their own version of America's Football, 'Rugby' I believe, and the Americans have no care at all." Shichiro said.

"Be that as it may our Culture is a heavy respected one and this modification of Sensha Do shoves our faces in the dirt." Shiho said.

"This is nonsense. We can't tell another country to dismiss everything involving a sport they have. We have no influence over there, they have their own Association." Shichiro said.

"And that is why we will send them an ultimatum. Cancel this 'Tankery' of theirs or be forced to by losing a match to us." Shiho stated.

Shichiro was beyond shocked now yet Chiyo was quite interested and complacent. "I have to agree with Ms. Nishizumi. Boys doing Sensha Do is revolting. Its like they wear our underwear in public. It not only destroys their own image but ours as well." Chiyo said.

"What?" Shichiro exclaimed.

"Ms. Chono, what do you think?" Shiho asked.

"I'm afraid I have to side with Mr. Kodama. We can't do anything to the Americans as their sport is not technically Sensha Do. It's a different sport entirely. For instance, they have no flag tank matches. They have instead what if called a Battlefront match. They do have Annihilation matches but their rules are vastly different. Lastly, the Americans have no Cultural value in the sport. Its more for recreational purposes. I see no reason to destroy all they have made of the Sport." Ami said.

"So, we are at an impasse." Chiyo said.

"Not quite." Shiho said holding up a piece of paper. "A signed contract from Renta Tsuji from MEXT. They have agreed with me and are already contacting the Americans for a 'mock battle' if you will." Shiho said.

"What?" Shichiro asked.

"Should a unified team of Japan Sensha Do teams beat the united American Team, they will shut down all affiliations with the sport and never implicate it again in their country except by SFJ rules and guidance. Should they win we leave them alone." Shiho said.

"You're going to far Ms. Nishizumi. What makes you think the Americans will even honor this deal?" Shichiro said.

"They won't. The ATA is focused on the goodness of honorable talks with other countries. If they back out of this deal other countries wont think of creating a Sensha Do team to combat the Americans." Shiho said.

"And even though us four are at an impasse the MEXT official schools where the Sensha Do teams are stationed get a say." Shichiro said.

"Yes. Now I must prepare the team that will take place in the battle. Excuse me." Shiho said and left.

"I must leave to prepare as well. This is most exciting." Chiyo said before leaving as well.

"This is a disaster." Shichiro said.

"We can only hope that things don't go their way. The Americans are very passionate about their Tankery. They won't want to see it gone." Ami said.