Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Edward arrived expecting to see either a camp or a battlefield. He kind of got the later but he was skeptical and wondered what transpired to bring Uncle Sam and Pravda to be packing up together on something. The rest of the Uncle Sam High School unit arrived, and Edward immediately went to find Hans and get up to date on the situation at hand. It appeared something with enough cause to stop the whole fighting happened.

Edward exited his Hellcat and looked around. Morning was only a few hours away, but he was sure everyone stayed up all night doing whatever it was they were doing. Ed saw Hans talking with some of his own guys and some girls from Pravda. He walked over and got the some of what was said.

"Here, and here. See if you find any trace of them and if so, report to me or Katyusha immediately." Hans said.

"That's a lot of ground. It won't be quick and might take us till well after sunup." One of Hans guys said.

"Well then we have a long day ahead of us, lets move." Hans said.

August spoke in Japanese to the girls and they all dispersed. Edward chose now to confront Hans.

"Hans, what's going on here?" Edward asked.

"Ed? I didn't know you were here." Hans said.

"You look exhausted. Whats going on?" Edward asked again.

Hans motioned for Edward to follow him, to which he did, and led him through the area.

"We had set up our camp area when Pravda launched an attack on us. We would have been caught completely unaware if Austin didn't go take a piss in the woods and saw one of Pravda's girls on foot. We managed to get ready just in time." Hans said.

"Yet that doesn't explain why you and Pravda are working together on something. What happened?" Edward asked a third time.

"Austin and Nonna, the girl he saw, were on foot the whole battle. They were weaving through the area trying to get somewhere safe during the fight-." Hans said as Edward interrupted.

"They weren't hit with a shell, were they?" Edward asked frantically.

"No, no nothing like that." Hans started as they reached the hills slope. Hans pointed down towards the bottom of the hill. "A tank shell hit nearby here and both Austin and Nonna fell down the hill. We have no idea where they are and we're going down there to try and find them." Hans said.

"What about Pravda? What are they doing?" Edward asked.

"Their going with us. We agreed to a temporary cease fire in order to find them. No ones going to the CP and everyone is partaking in the search." Hans said.

"So, where do you think they fell?" Edward asked.

"Down this way but its hard to be sure. The snow fall was avalanche like but not to that level. Plus, there's tons of rocks, trees, and bushes they had to dodge to avoid injury. But we know they are on the south side." Hans said. Edward nodded before a voice got both the attention of him and Hans.

"Sir. Katyusha wants a word." Nikoli said walking towards the two with Katyusha and another girl in tow.

"I didn't know you spoke Japanese Nikoli." Edward said.

"I don't Ed. But Klara here speaks Russian like I do as well as Japanese. We will interpret between you and Katyusha." Nikoli said while the blonde-haired girl next to him nodded.