Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Ooarai's Hetzer, commanded by the student council, crept over the crest of a bush covered hill. Pocking her head out of the hatch, Anzu brought a pair of binoculars to her eyes and surveyed the forward area. To her disappointment several dozen challenger 1 and 2's rolled through the hilly terrain.

Anzu dropped back into the Hetzer and tapped Yuzu in the back signaling to turn around. The Hetzer began to reverse and climb down the hill. Upon reaching a more covered tree line the Hetzer turned around and headed back to the column of tanks.

When the student council arrived back at the column, they were greeted by Maho. She had basically taken over command of the whole column and wanted everything done to a tee. It seemed overwhelming at first, but she seemed to be managing.

"What did you see?" Maho asked.

Anzu pocked out of the hatch again to respond. "Almost three dozen Challenger's. seems Akari really wants to find us." She said.

"So, both north and north-east are blocked off. And we can't retreat and go around, it would take too long. What now?" Erika asked.

"What about Hoja? Darjeeling, Is it manageable?" Maho asked.

"The federation force relieving us was less in number but that was due to the damage we gave Virginia over the course of time. If Davis has not been defeated by now, I will be impressed." Darjeeling said.

"It seems to be our only option." Erika said.

Maho thought about the decision for a minute. Unlike the popular belief, she was exhausted and tired from the command this whole column of high schoolers she led. Before she got another word out Edward had called her name.

"Maho, can I talk to you?" he asked.

She looked at him. He was still malnourished. All the Americans were. They had only so much food to give the guys without running low and still needing some for themselves to. Maho nodded and hopped down from her Tiger and turned to the girls.

"I'll be right back." She then leads Edward away to talk privately. "What is it Edward?" She asked.

"First, call me Ed. Secondly, we have an issue with some of the guys. Specifically, Mark and Austin." He said.

"What happened?" Maho asked.

"It's not what has happened but what will happen. Marks leg is getting better but with the bumping around we fear his leg will misalign or something. Austin is a different case. His wounds opened again. If we don't get him serious medical attention, then we risk him getting Anemia." Edward said.

Though Austin and Mark were taken to get medical care back in Mishima, it was the bare minimum. The medically trained wrapped Marks leg up and just left him, and they only washed Austin's back and wrapped it in bandage. They didn't even try to clean it. He was also at risk of getting infections.

"What can we do?" Maho asked.

"Get to Glendale as quickly as possible. We don't have the stuff to care for them. Johnathan does." Edward said.

"Alright." Maho then walked back to her tank and mounted up. She turned to the three girls still talking and put her commander voice on. "We go through Hoja, Mark and Austin's conditions are getting worse and they need proper medical help now. Transport all the boys who can manage onto some of the other tanks. Have some Pravda's heavy tanks and Kuromorimine's heavy tanks clear for combat if necessary. We know the Federation force doesn't care what happens to the boys, so put their safety above all priority." Maho ordered.