Chapter 29

"You are my fate, this once and always."

Regulus' laughter rang through the empty hallway as him and Kira walked around the castle.

"You really did that?" He chuckled, still in denial. His hand returned to hers after clutching his stomach from laughing so hard.

"Yes," Kira giggled.

"Wow. Remind me to never mess with you."

When Kira was 7, Thomas stole her favourite teddy bear and dropped it in mud. So, in retaliation she burned his favourite shirt.

It was also her first sign of magic, which was also the only reason she got off of setting a shirt on fire.

"I heard Dumbledore wanted to see you yesterday. Is everything alright?"

Kira hummed, "Everything is okay, for now." She sighed, before looking down the corridor and pulling Regulus to a stop. She cast a quick silencing charm, she couldn't let anyone hear about the prophecy.

"There's been a prophecy made. About me, about my magic," she began, continuing to walk down the hallway at a slow pace, dragging Regulus with her.

"Are you in danger?" Regulus asked, concern filling his eyes.

Kira smiled, "Not right now. You-Know-Who doesn't know about it yet. I'm meant to be able to either aid in his defeat or his success."

"What are you going to do?"

Kira thought about it. She didn't want to be apart of this war but she was being dragged into it. "Nothing for now." she shrugged, "I don't want to fight."

Regulus pulled them to a stop. He turned towards her and grabbed both of her hands. Looking into her eyes he said, "Whatever you choose to do, I'll be with you. I'm not going to leave you alone on this."

Kira smiled and pulled him closer for a hug.
She cared about Regulus so much. This time last year she would have never thought she would end up dating Regulus, but now she couldn't think of a life without him.

Wrapping her arms tighter around his torso she mumbled, "I love you." She didn't even plan to say it, she didn't care. She did love him. His hair, his cheeky smirks and grins, the way he cared about her, the way he hit the inside of his cheek when he was thinking, or the way he ran his hand through his hair when he was nervous or embarrassed. She loved it all.

Kira couldn't see it, but Regulus was grinning from ear-to-ear.

"I love you too."

It was true. Regulus had known for a while that he loved her. Though he denied it, he knew from the second he spoke to her on the Astronomy Tower in the beginning of sixth year, that the two would cross paths more than once.

He was right, their paths entwined and turned into one and he wouldn't have it any other way.

He needed her, wanted her, loved her.

The prophecy scared him. It worried him that Kira wasn't that concerned. He did not want her to be apart of the war, he couldn't lose her.

_______________________________________

Very short chapter I know, but bare with me. It's more a filler than anything else really but hey they told each other they love the other.

I'll update soon with a longer chapter.

— walkingmasterpiece xx