Chapter 9

"Bitter are the wars between brothers."

The bitter weather of autumn nipped at Kira's cheeks. Despite loving autumn itself, she much preferred spending her days indoors by the fire. Today, however, she had been dragged to Hogsmeade by Ava, whose parents have forced her to spend more time with Avery.

Despite Ava's burning hatred for the boy she thought it best if she tried to at least get along with him, so that her life would be somewhat less miserable.

Both girls wore long thick coats, along with high waisted skirts and stockings. Their skirts reached just above their knees. Under their coats, Kira wore a dark blue sweater and a beige skirt, while Ava wore a black sweater and a maroon skirt. They both wore black boots.

Kira complained once again about how unfair she found it that Ava had to drag her along, though she would have come regardless of whether Ava forced her to or not.

They arrived in Hogsmeade where they spotted a group of Slytherins outside of Honeydukes. Avery, Mulciber, Rabastan Lestrange, Severus Snape, Evan Rosier, and Regulus Black stood outside the candy shop. Mulciber had Lucia Greengrass on his arm, and Rosier had Celestia Holloway on his own.

Kira and Ava stopped in front of them. Avery noticed them and smirked. "Hello ladies."

"Avery." Kira muttered. Ava attempted a gentle smile but it came out more forced.

Avery put an arm around Ava's shoulder and turned towards the rest of the group. "Lads, this is Ava Blackwell." He introduced her. She managed a smile and got some nods in return and smiles from the girls.

Kira refrained from rolling her eyes and greeted Regulus. "Hello Regulus, Rosier." She smiled at them both.

"Kira, nice to see you. Will you be joining us today?" Regulus asked with a genuine smile on his face. Evan couldn't help but notice it. He was frowning only moments earlier.

"Unfortunately." She sighed, "Ava has to spend some time with Avery. They are to be married after all." She finished. She still felt bad for the girl. Avery could be vile. Though she hoped that he would be more respectful towards Ava because she was to be his wife.

Regulus nodded and then turned back to the group. They conversed for a while before the couples roamed off to have their dates. Lestrange and Snape wandered off somewhere and that left Regulus, Kira, Ava, and Avery.

"Let's go to the Three Broomsticks." Avery muttered to Ava, attempting to be polite.

She quickly turned to look at Kira to ask for help before her eyes glowed up. "Let's make it a double date." She spoke quickly. Avery shrugged and nodded.

Kira glared at her best friend while Regulus blushed, though it was barely noticeable under his already flushed cheeks from the cold.

Ava smirked, she had noticed how they have been spending more time together. If she had to suffer with Avery then at least the two of them could suffer with her.

Regulus smirked and held out his arm for Kira, "Milady." He said rather dramatically.

Kira rolled her eyes but took his arm nonetheless.

They arrived at the Three Broomsticks and sat at a table in the corner. Avery and Ava on one side and Kira across from Ava, Regulus next to her.