Chapter 40

"We love because its the only true adventure."

Dear Kira,

It's been a while since I last saw you, so I'm having a dinner that I'd like you to come to this Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,
Your favourite cousin

P.S Oh, and bring your boyfriend!

Kira stared at the letter. How did he know she was dating Regulus?

She got her reply in the form of a scribbled continuation on the back of the letter.

Did you really think, I, the greatest
Marauder, wouldn't know
anything that goes on at
Hogwarts?

She chuckled, of course. She was surprised he wasn't known as the biggest gossip queen Hogwarts has ever had.

"Regulus?" She called.

"Yes!" Came the muffled reply. Regulus came bursting through the door, his tie half done. He was getting ready for a meeting when she called.

"James invited us to dinner on Saturday," she said, keeping her gaze focused on the letter she was writing in response to a letter from her sister.

She missed the look on Regulus' face. "Us?"

She nodded.

"As in, he invited you, and me."

"Yes, Regulus, that is what us implies," she respond, feigning annoyance, though she was more amused by his reaction than anything else.

"How does he even know we're together?" He paused before continuing, "Wait, never mind, he's Potter, of course he knows. Why does he want me to come?"

Kira looked up at her confused boyfriend, "Reg, James is a lot more accepting than you would think. He doesn't hate you."

Regulus mumbled something to himself and walked out of the room. Kira sighed, she knew he doubted what she said but it was no use trying to convince him now. They would go to the dinner.

Neither of them could ignore their families forever, even if it was only her cousin and his brother that he didn't talk to.

What could go wrong?

The time for the dinner was drawing closer and Kira spent it applying some soft makeup to make her self look more presentable.

Regulus, however, spent it pacing around the room behind Kira, muttering things like, "Maybe I shouldn't go?" and "No one would care if I didn't go."

"Regulus," she began. He stopped and caught her gaze in her reflection in the mirror. "I would care if you didn't go. James would too, and despite what you think Sirius cares for you too."

Regulus sighed, sitting down on the bed behind him. He looked down as he fumbled with his hands. Eventually, he spoke, "Sirius doesn't care about me."

"Regulus, you are my boyfriend and I love you. No one is going to change my mind. Now, my family, being James, and my friends, being the rest of them, can either accept that or stop speaking to me altogether."