Chapter 3

"It is so safe to do nothing when it rains."

The rain pattered down on the grounds as students ran for cover. Thunder bellowed loudly, shocking a several learners as they let out a few shrieks.

Kira ran inside but it was too late for her outfit. It was a Saturday so learners could wear normal clothes. She was wearing a navy blue sweater and a cream skirt that stopped just above her knees. She wore stockings as well to help prevent the cold a bit. She had not anticipated the rain as it seemingly came out of nowhere. The rain had soaked Kira from head to toe.

Someone spotted her distress and walked up to her. Regulus Black stopped in front of her.

"You're soaked." He stated bluntly with a smirk. Kira had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. She had to remind herself that Regulus was apart of the noble Black family. She couldn't show any sign of disrespect or her mother would have her head.

Regulus took out his wand and used a spell to dry her. Kira nodded her thanks. She realised her mistake of not wearing a coat just then. She shivered and instinctively her hands went to her arms to warm herself.

Regulus noticed this and took off his jacket. "Here. Take it." Regulus said, handing her the jacket.

"Oh no I can't take this." Kira put out her hand to refuse.

"Nonsense. Take it." Regulus smirked. The way he looked at her told her he wasn't going to give up. One thing she's learnt about the Blacks is that they're all incredibly stubborn. She knew this from Sirius Black. James Potter is a cousin of hers. Her mother occasionally let her visit over Christmas, though her mother didn't like it very much. The Potters were bloodtraiters after all, but she mother couldn't deny the fact that her sister wanted to know her nieces and nephews.

Her mother loved her sister but was not allowed to speak with her after Euphemia married Fleamont Potter. She did however let Kira and her brothers visit from time to time.

She sighed but took the jacket nonetheless. "Don't complain if you get cold." She said but smiled gratefully right after. Regulus returned her smile, happy to see it. He furrowed his eyebrows quickly, confused as to why her smile made him happy. Maybe it was the small fact that the only people who ever genuinely smiled at him were his brother and Evan, his best friend. Nevertheless he continued to smile at her.

"Well then we should probably get out cold now, shouldn't we?"

Kira nodded and then they both laughed. They looked into each other's eyes and that's when Kira noticed the icy blue of his eyes.

She felt like she could never get sick of the colour.

Regulus took note of her green eyes. The way they shone in the dim light of the hallway. They looked haunting, yet alluring.

Thunder crackled as they broke from their trance. Regulus lead the way to the library. Kira followed, holding his jacket close to her body.

They arrived in the library and sat in the furthest corner tucked away in the back of the library. According to Regulus, it was the warmest spot in the Library.

"Thank you for the jacket. It was really kind of you." Kira could now properly thank him for his kindness.

Regulus moved to scratch the back of his head. "Oh uh, it's my pleasure." He smirked at the end. He cursed himself for stuttering in the beginning. He needed to keep up the facade of the perfect son, the charming Slytherin and the model student.

"Okay Mr.Gentleman. What are we going to do now?" Kira asked with a smirk. Regulus' eyebrows rose at the nickname.

"Why don't we just talk?" Regulus inquired, leaning forward slightly on the table towards her.