Chapter 15

"Not all family is blood and
not all blood is family."

Kira finished packing her bags and stood up with a huff. Today, she would be going with the Black's to the Malfoy Manor.

To say she was nervous, would be an understatement. She knew her invitation was her father's doing and she didn't know if she was ready to face him.

A knock on the door rang through the room. "Come in," Kira said.

The door opened and Regulus walked in. "We're leaving," He said with a small smile. "Have you got everything?"

"Yes," She confirmed. Regulus nodded and picked up her trunk, bringing it downstairs for her.

The two headed downstairs and together, with Mr and Mrs Black they apparated to Malfoy Manor.

Malfoy Manor stood tall in front of them. The dreary weather fit well with the dark house. The wind ruffled their hair and their clothes.

Kira hated this house. She had been to this Manor a few times with her family and she hated it. The house was cold and silent, despite the soft music and chatter that sounded around the house.

The eerie atmosphere of the house gave Kira chills.

The four were led to their respective rooms where they would be staying for the next two nights, before the kids would be leaving to Hogwarts on the third morning.

Kira knew she would be seeing her father once again. She was not ready to face him but she knew she had to. She could not abandon her brother.

Narcissa Malfoy walked upstairs to call their guest for dinner. The young woman informed her aunt and uncle first, then her cousin. The last was Kira Rose, a Ravenclaw she knew through the girl's father.

She knocked on the door and waited for Kira to answer.

Kira heard a knock and got up from the bed she sat on while she read. She opened the door to see Narcissa.

She smiled, "Dinner is to be served soon."

Kira nodded and the two headed downstairs together, talking about Hogwarts.

On the way to the dining area, they passed two doors where hushed voices could be heard. Kira gazed at the door a little longer.

Narcissa noticed her gaze and answered her unasked question, "They're having a meeting."

Kira knew exactly who "they" were. Death Eaters. Perhaps her father too. She sucked in a breath and spoke, "Will they be dining with us?"

Narcissa shook her head. "They will be eating after us," she explained.

Kira nodded, feeling a little better now, knowing she wouldn't have to face any Death Eaters.

The Malfoys and The Blacks ate dinner together. Most of the conversation was between Mr Malfoy, Mr Black, and Lucius Malfoy.

Kira was happy to see Regulus was at dinner, meaning he wasn't at the meeting. Which meant he can't be a Death Eater.

Kira wanted to believe that. She ignored the fact that Lucius was also at dinner, and she knew he had to be a Death Eater. She didn't want to believe any of it though. So she ignored everything that told her her conclusion is wrong.

Regulus Black is not a Death Eater.

The group finished their dinner. Kira was ready to go to her room and read for the rest of the night, but it appeared her hosts had different ideas.