Chapter 17

"I'm her heart
and soul
she set fire to all things
that held her back
and from the ashes
she stepped
into who she always was."
– Atticus

Regulus exhaled deeply as he walked down the corridors. It had been a week since classes resumed and he hadn't spoken to Kira much outside of class.

He was hoping she'd be in the Astronomy tower, so that's where he went.

He wanted to make sure she was alright. He had never seen her express so much anger and hatred that when she faced her father.

The doors to the tower came into view and he pushed one of the doors open so that he could slip in.

Kira sat cross-legged in the center of the room. She had yet to notice Regulus standing by the doors.

He decided to watch her for a moment. He was mesmerized by the goblet she was levitating.

Her wand was nowhere in sight.

Her hand jerked forward and the goblet shattered.

"You can do wandless magic?" Regulus blurted out.

Kira turned towards the voice and relaxed when she saw Regulus.

"Can't you?" She asked, turning back to the wall she was staring at before.

Regulus walked towards her and sat on the ground to her left. "I can do wandless magic, but not to the extent where I can do it non-verbally. Not even our Defense teacher can," he said in a low voice, still amazed at her magic.

Kira blushed and let out a strained laugh, "It's nothing special."

"What else can you do?"

Kira sighed, truthfully, she knew her magic wasn't normal. She didn't want to admit that it was powerful though. She had been dabbling in the art of wandless magic for quite some time.

She first discovered it in her first year. She had been practicing the wand movement without her wand and said the spell, which she completed.

She practiced many other spells without her wand through the years. She even started doing it non-verbally when they started doing non-verbal spells in class.

Though, despite all this, she never showed off her magic in class, or to anyone for that matter.

With a sigh, Kira cast a spell without her wand to transfigure a stone into a piece of paper.

Without using her wand or sound, she set fire to the paper, then extinguished it.

She then conjured fire in her hand, the glow illuminating their faces.

"That is brilliant," Regulus breathed. "I bet not even Evans could do that," he grinned.

Kira smiled, Lily Evans was the brightest witch of her age, or so Slughorn said.
To think she could do something Evans couldn't, that made her feel great.

"I'm sure if anyone practiced enough they could do this," Kira said. She didn't want Regulus to make a big deal out of it.

"Kira, you have some powerful magic. We should check the Restricted Section for more books on this," Regulus said.

"It's just normal wandless magic," Kira tried to assure him.

"How long have you been able to do it?" He asked, looking her in the eyes.

She sighed and looked down," First year," she mumbled.

"First year? Kira, that's really advanced magic!" He said but he had a grin on his face.
"I'm checking the Restricted Section."

Kira rolled her eyes at the difficult boy but smiled nonetheless, "Fine."

Regulus got up and helped Kira up as well. "We should get going, before Filch finds us," he said.

"Agreed," she chuckled.

"I don't fancy spending another detention with my brother and his friends."

"Merlin no, I've had more than enough of them this school year," she added and the two continued laughing. They tried to muffle their laughs as they did so, not wanting to alert anyone who would give them Detention.

Once Kira had made it back to her dorm she didn't go to sleep. She couldn't.

Thoughts of Charles and her father filled her mind and left her restless. How could she sleep? She hadn't slept much since they arrived, though she tried to.

She knew, though, that if she were to help her brother she would have to do what she's best at. She would have to be strong, and to do that she needed to remain healthy.

This, however, proved to be difficult on some nights when her mind was occupied by thousands of thoughts, ones she wished she didn't have.

Ones of Regulus.

He couldn't be a Death Eater. Kira refused to believe it.

She wouldn't believe that someone who cared so much was a heartless Death Eater.

_________________________________________

Bit of a short chapter but hope you enjoy! It's sort of a filler but it does reveal Kira's magic!

Hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment! It really does help my story! <3

– walkingmasterpiece xx