Chapter 25

"But the human
heart is devious."

For the first time in seven years, Kira remained in her bed while Ava got ready for the day. It was a beautiful Sunday, and she wanted to take advantage of the fact to read outside.

"Kira?" Ava asked.

Kira mumbled something indistinguishable from under her blankets. She pulled them fitter over her head.

Kira shot up from her bed, startling Ava.
"What if he regrets it?"

Ava sighed, "Kira, I doubt it. Have you seen the way the boy looks at you? Anyone could tell he's been waiting to kiss you for a while now."

Kira furrowed her eyebrows, "But what if he only thought he did?"

Ava shook her head at her friend. Kira had never been this doubtful and it concerned her.

"Kira," she said in a soft voice, "you won't know unless you face him."

Kira sighed. She knew she could not stay in bed the whole day.

Kira and Ava left the Ravenclaw Common Room and to their surprise Regulus and Evan were waiting outside.

Evan nodded his head in the direction of the Great Hall and Ava followed him.

Regulus looked at Kira and smiled, "Hey."

"Hey," Kira smiled while biting the inside of her cheek.

The two stared at each other for a few more seconds before Ava called from ahead of them. They laughed and followed the other two to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Kira smiled to herself, maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

Kira groaned in frustration before throwing down her book.

She was in an abandoned classroom trying to accomplish a spell she has been struggling with for weeks.

It was a shielding spell and it angered her that she could not do the spell.

She brought her hands to her head and pulled her hair. She took a few deep breathes before picking up her book and making sure she was doing the spell right.

She had the correct hand movement, she was thinking the correct incantation, she was doing everything right.

Kira needed to focus. She could do this. She knew she could.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Holding out her left hand she did the steps to do the spell.

She felt the magic flow out of her as a light blue transparent shield surrounded her. Kira grinned and hopped up and down in excitement.

She needed to tell Regulus. He would be so excited to hear she finally did the spell.

She turned and rushed out of the classroom and ran to the Slytherin Common Room. Maybe someone would be at the door to point her to him or even call him out for her.

She got to the Slytherin Common Room and to her luck found Evan Rosier leaving.

"Evan!" Kira called. He turned around, shocked, but his features softened once he realised it was her. "Where's Regulus? I need to speak with him?"

"In our dorm," Evan said, "You can go in, no one else is in the dorm and the common room is empty."

"Thank you," Kira smiled, grateful for him.

Evan whispered the password and the wall parted to reveal the common room.

Kira nodded another thanks to him before darting in. In her rush, she forgot to observe the common room. She'd never been in there.

She ran up the steps, taking two at a time and passed through the different halls. Searching for the boys sixth year dorm rooms.

She found it at last and with the thought and excitement of telling Regulus she accomplished the spell she forgot to knock.

She swung the door open and Regulus turned around shocked. He stood in the middle of the room without a shirt on.

Kira's eyes never left the inky stain on his arm. The Dark Mark. Her breath caught in her throat and her excitement was long gone. Memories of her father flooded her mind, every single time he hit her. Every time she saw the Dark Mark on his left arm.

"Kira." Regulus' desperate voice woke her from her trance. She looked up at him as a tear spilt from her right eye.

She shook her head and scrunched up her face to prevent more tears from falling. She turned and ran out the door and down the stairs. She kept running until she was in front of the Ravenclaw Common Room.

She made sure to take the least walked routes to avoid any students. She mumbled the answer to the riddle and entered the common room. A few first years sat around but they didn't bother looking up at her.

She kept a brisk pace and made her way to the stairs before darting up them and into her dorm. The room was empty and she threw herself on her bed and let the tears fall.

He lied to her.

He was a Death Eater.

Sirius was right.

She defended Regulus when she didn't even know if what she was saying was true.

Could he really be that good of a liar? A good enough liar to make her fall for him? To make her believe he was good?

Is he that good of an actor to fake everything that ever happened between them?

_________________________________________

Hope you liked it!

The secret has finally been spilled. Kira knows Regulus is a Death Eater!

How do you think this is going to affect them?

– walkingmasterpiece xx