Chapter 24

"Come together.
Slowly.
Closer now.
Let's breathe
the same air."

The first week of Seventh Year passed by in a blur. Kira has little to no rest as she and her classmates were bombarded with work and and essays as preparation for the NEWTs.

She thought it was ridiculous, they had plenty of time until then and she knew the work load would only get heavier.

She didn't mind it as much as she thought it was ridiculous. She still got the work done and had plenty of time to spend her evening looking at the stars.

She told herself she went to the Astronomy Tower to stargaze, it's what she has always done, but part of her knew it was because she wanted to see Regulus.

She had not spoken to him in a bit. She understood that everyone was busy with work, but it bothered her nonetheless. Regulus seemed bothered too. She suspected it had to do with his summer.

She pushed the doors to the Astronomy Tower and walked in. Regulus stood by the railing, resting on his elbows. He didn't turn around, already knowing it must be her.

Kira walked forward and stopped next to him. She mimicked his pose and rested her arms on the railing before turning to get a better look at him.

He held a bottle of fire whiskey in his right hand that he brought to his lips and took a sip from.

She sighed and looked back at the sky. "I didn't expect you to be one to drink alone," she muttered.

Regulus chuckled and brought the bottle to his lips once more before handing her the bottle. "Join me then," he grinned.

She chuckled and took the bottle. She took a sip before handing it back to him. "No one drinks alone because it's fun, so what's bothering you?" She whispered.

Regulus sighed. He wanted to tell her everything but it scared him what the truth could do to them. "My parents," he shrugged.

"Do you want to talk about?"

"Not particularly."

Kira nodded and returned her focus to the stars. It was a clear night and the sky looked as beautiful as ever.

The night carried on with the two sharing the bottle of fire whiskey.

Kira handed the bottle to Regulus so he could have the last sip. He downed it and put the empty bottle to the side.

He turned to look at Kira, who was still staring at the stars. She felt his eyes on her and turned to meet his gaze.

"You're staring," she whispered.

"So are you," he muttered.

Regulus took a step forward and reached out his hand to touch her cheek. Her cheeks flushed with red but her eyes never left his.

She felt him lean forward. His eyes dashed to her lips before looking back at her again. Her heart hammered in her chest as they stood.

She had enough of the wait, she pushed forward and connected their lips. His lips were soft and they moved at a slow pace.

She could not believe she was kissing him. Kissing Regulus. It felt like a dream, as if it wasn't happening but it was real.

She could feel it in the way he held her cheek and rest his hand on her waist.

She could feel it in the way he kissed her, like it was something to be remembered for years.

She could feel it in the way her heart beat against her rib cage, banging and banging and banging.

They disconnected from each other, but stayed close enough that their lips were nearly touching. She brought her hands up and cupped his face. Closing her eyes she pulled him closer for a second kiss.

He moved his hand to her waist, keeping one on her face, and pulled her closer so that their chests were touching. He kissed her harder this time, no longer hesitant like the first.

 He kissed her harder this time, no longer hesitant like the first

They parted once more. His hands remained in place while hers moved to his chest. They stood their for a few minutes, their breathing heavy. Kira's heart pounded in her chest, the sound filling her ears. She could only hope he was not hearing it. Little did she know, his heart beat the same.

Kira opened her eyes and stepped back from him, causing him to open his eyes as well.

"I should go back to the common room," she whisepered, "the sun is already rising."

Regulus nodded and looked out at the grounds. She was right, the sun had started rising and in a few hours students would be roaming the halls and they had not gotten any sleep.

Without saying a word, Regulus lead her back to the Ravenclaw Common Room. Once they got there he whispered, "Goodnight," with a grin.

Kira chuckled, "Morning, actually." She turned and entered the common room, the door closing behind her.

She bit her lip to contain her urge to squeal like a 3rd year and made her way upstairs to her dorm.

She opened the door and tiptoed into the dark room. The first rays of sunshine illuminated bits of the room.

"What are you smiling for?" Ava said, startling Kira who brought her hand to her chest.

"Why are you still up?" Kira asked, walking to her bed.

"Waiting for you. Now, why are you smiling and blushing?" Ava asked once more with a grin.

"Well, um, you see," She stumbled over her words. Her mind was still all muddy and she couldn't form a proper sentence. The excitement she felt from her previous endeavours left her fuzzy and giddy.

Ava gasped and brought her mouth to contain her squeal. "You were with Regulus!" She whisper-shouted.

When Kira nodded, Ava hopped of off her bed and joined Kira on hers. "Did you kiss him?" She whispered with a grin, barely able to contain her excited.

Kira bit her lip and nodded. Ava squealed before shushing herself and pulled Kira in for a hug. The two tumbled over in a fit of giggles.

Kira laid on the soft covers giggling with her best friend. She wondered what the kiss would mean for their relationship. What would she do when she saw him in the morning? Pretend the kiss didn't happen? How would she act around him?

Did he even want people to know?

_________________________________________

Hope you liked it! ;)

Next chapter might be a little late but that's school for you I guess.

– walkingmasterpiece xx