Chapter 21

"in the end, she became
more than what she expected.
she became the journey,
and like all journeys,
she did not end, she just
simply changed directions
and kept going."
- r.m.drake

Kira rolled her eyes but allowed herself a small smile as Ava jumped into her and swung her arm around Kira's shoulder.

"We're done!" She exclaimed in excitement, joining in on the rest of the sixth year's excitement.

They finished their last exam of sixth year a few minutes ago.

"This year has gone by so fast," Kira sighed, allowing herself a small smile. She was happy with what had come of this year. She made two new friends, Regulus and Evan.

Sure, there had been the bad things but she had fun with her friends to distract her from it all and to help her get through it.

"You don't mind covering for me during Summer, right? I want to see my girlfriend," Ava said.

"Of course, Ava." Kira stopped before speaking again, "You know, you're going to have to break up with her soon. Your parents won't allow you to marry anyone other than Avery."

Ava had been dating a Gryffindor in the same year as them. Of course, the two kept their relationship secret, only sharing with their closest friends. Ava, however, neglected to tell Aailiyah Wilson that she was in an arranged marriage.

Ava mumbled, "Don't remind me," before perking up again to greet more cheerful students.

The pair walked past the Marauders who stopped their celebration to talk to them.

Sirius walked up next to Kira, while Ava started a conversation with Remus and Lily.

"You gonna miss me, Rose?" Sirius smirked.

"No," she deadpanned.

Sirius gasped and raised his hand to his chest.

She smiled, "I'm going to see you and James plenty over Summer. Irene arranged with James' mum for me to stay there for the last few months of summer."

"You sure you can handle spending Summer with the Marauders," Sirius smirked.

"Of course, it's better than," Kira stopped herself. She wanted to say it's better than spending it with Death Eaters but Sirius didn't know that. "Staying home alone," she finished.

Aurelia Bonneville waved at Kira and Sirius from where she stood with some other Hufflepuffs. Kira nodded to her. She watched Sirius's smirk turn into a smile as he looked at her.

Kira smirked to herself, oblivious to the pale, black-haired boy watching her interact with his brother.

Ava pulled Kira's arms as they walked to the Hogwarts Express.

"Ava, the train isn't going anywhere," she grumbled. Her bags were packed and they were in no way late.

"If I let you finish that book then it would be gone," Ava huffed and continued to drag her.

Kira rolled her eyes and let Ava pull her to the train. They got on the train and began the search for a compartment.

They walked past Evan and Regulus on the way. "Hey Evan, Regulus," Ava smiled and continued walking.

"Hey Evan," Kira said. He smiled and walked past. "Hi Reg."

He looked down and gave a small nod before walking past her. Kira frowned as she watched him go.