Chapter 23

"Find what you love and let it kill you."

The loud bang of something heavy falling over echoed through the house.

"James! Sirius!" Lily screamed in anger. She shook her head and went to check if they were okay.

At the bottom of the staircase sat a pile of bags and people.

James, Sirius, and Thomas groaned as they tried to get up from underneath each other and the bags that fell with them.

"What on earth are you doing?" Kira asked. "You know what? I don't care." She grabbed her trunk from under James, causing him to fall of with a thud.

Lily walked forward and backhanded James on the back of the head.

"Ow," he muttered. "That hurt."

"It was meant to."

Sirius snorted before he too was hit on the head by Lily.

Kira rolled her eyes and helped Thomas up. "We're going to be late," she said, tugging him up.

James and Sirius got up and complained about the lack of help they received. "You ready?" Sirius asked, holding out his arm for Kira. They were going to apparate the two to Kings Cross Station.

Kira nodded and held one. Thomas did the same with James and before she knew it the four were looking at the Hogwarts Express.

"See you at Christmas, Kira, Thomas," James said, pulling them both in for a hug.

"And me?" Sirius smirked. Kira laughed and have him a hug as well.

She turned and made her way to the train after saying her goodbyes.

She wanted to speak with Regulus. She hoped he was okay.

Kira dodged nervous first years and annoying fifth years in an attempt to find Regulus.

Fortunate for her, he happened to bump right into her.

"Regulus!" She exclaimed with a grin before removing the expression from her face. It was very out of character for her. "I missed you," she said.

"Kira, hi," he smiled. He pulled her to an empty compartment and the two sat down. "So," he began, "you spent summer with Potter an my brother." He tried to play it off as a casual question but Kira saw right through it.

"I did," she smirked.

"You enjoy your summer?"

"It was wonderful actually, Sirius is so funny you know? I was never bored for a second." She gush about him, barely able to contain her laughs.

"Oh shush," she said once she saw Regulus screwed up face, "I'm just messing with you."

Regulus waved her off, "Yeah, yeah," he mumbled.

"Regulus?" She asked.

"Hmm," He said looking up.

She leant forward in her seat, "Are you jealous?"

"What? No," he denied her accusations. He was not jealous.

Kira nodded her head, she didn't believe him. She took out a book from her bag and opened it up to the last page she was one. Before getting lost in the book she spoke, "You'll always be my favourite Black."

Regulus watched her read, thinking about what she said. He was her favourite Black. It was not hard to pick a favourite, his family was horrible.

He was happy to know he was her favourite but he knew he didn't deserve that title.

It would be better for her if she liked Sirius more.

The better brother. The brave Gryffindor everyone likes.

The one who wasn't a Death Eater.

He wanted to tell her. To tell her he was a bad person, a Death Eater, yet the thought of him losing her hurt too much.

Regulus was a coward. That's why he didn't make it into Gryffindor even though a part of him wished he had. Regulus was too scared to lose Kira, too scared to tell her the truth.

He hoped that when he finally gathered the courage to tell her, she wouldn't leave.

He wouldn't blame her if she did, after all if he was in her position, he would leave him too.

_________________________________________

This one is a bit of a short chapter, sorry. <3

Let me know if you would like this book to be split into two books.

This book would be Kira's journey through Hogwarts and the second one would be Kira's journey afterwards.

– walkingmasterpiece xx