Chapter 44

"Only you can make my heart bloom."

The engagement filled Kira with so much joy that she nearly screamed when she got to her sisters house.

She was about to tell her Irene and Thomas about the engagement. Though, with that excitement came this dreadful feeling in the back of her mind. Charlie.

Her father.

The war.

She was avoiding it all, and she didn't want to. She could nothing for Charlie. She knew he was safe with Narcissa Malfoy who volunteered to look after him but she wanted him as far from their father as she could get him. Charles would be turning 11 soon, and next year he'd be in his first year.

She knocked on her sisters door, shaking the thoughts from her head. Irene opened and Kira was pulled into a hug that caused the two to stumble backwards.

They both laughed. "Irene!" Kira shouted in a high-pitched voice.

"Kira!" Her sister mimicked her.

They pulled away from the hug and Irene led her inside. Thomas was the first to crash into Kira, giving her a tight hug.

Robert was soon after, giving his sister-in-law a warm hug.

After all the greetings, Kira held up her left hand to show off her ring. Irene was the first to notice.

"Kira!" She squealed, and Kira thought it was loud enough to break glass. "He did it! Finally!"

She couldn't contain her excitement. She was engaged. Engaged! She was going to be married. "I'm engaged!"

Irene crushed her in another hug, both of them jumping up and down, with a few squeals and laughs. Robert joined the hug, congratulating her.

When the two finally let go of her, she turns to Thomas, who has been gaping at her.

"You're actually getting married?"

She gave a tentative nod, worried that he didn't approve. Her worries eased away when he broke into a grin and pulled her right back in to another hug.

Her family was happy for her and that's all she needed.

The four of them had lunch, which consisted of snacks and sandwiches, and then they sat around the kitchen.

Regulus arrived not long after and he was dragged outside by Robert and Thomas, leaving Irene and Kira in the kitchen drinking wine.

"Any wedding plans yet?" Irene asked, a cheeky smile covering her face.

"Well I know I want you to be my Maid of Honour. I'm not sure how to go about this because Regulus' family is going to be there and then there's also my friends. Who aren't all pure-bloods." It was something that had been bothering Kira for a while now and she didn't know what to do.

"I say, have a formal wedding with all of our family that would want it. And then have a small informal one with the friends and family who aren't liked by the rest. It's the best way to stay out of trouble."

"So two weddings?"

"Yeah, two weddings," Irene smiled. She always gave the best advice, and Kira supposed she was right, there would be a lot of arguments and fighting going on if they tried to invite the Potter's, the Blacks' disowned son, and a muggleborn. Not to mention a few half-bloods as well.

"Okay, then I'll talk to Reg about two weddings." Kira nodded to herself. "Oh and I want it to be in the Summer."

Irene nodded, taking a sip of her wine, "A summer wedding is a good idea."

Kira and Irene continued coming up with ideas for the wedding. Kira was in awe for most of the day. She could not believe what was happening.

Her life didn't seem so bad. The war made all of their lives so dark and dull and she felt this little bit of light was needed.

Regulus walked in with the others and smiled at Kira. He stood next to her and put his hand around her waist, leaning to give her a kiss on the temple. He was the star the guided her, the one who made her better than she was. Her star.

Kira felt like she was in a dream. She didn't want it to end.

She knew it wouldn't last because like the sun that rises again each day, bringing new beginnings, it also sets every night, plunging the world into darkness.

______________________________________

Hope you enjoyed!

So I've decided that I'm going to write only one book instead of splitting it into two. Meaning there is going to be a total of around 56/57 Chapters and an Epilogue.

However, if enough people want it, I could possible write a sequel. I'll share more about that when the book is finished as I don't want to give away any spoilers ;)

– walkingmasterpiece xxx