Another Treat

"Aww look at them!" Chin said, watching the young couple from a distance. "He finally did it!"
"After so much urging," Momoko said, munching on a baozi. "Well, at least it's done."
"Athena looks happy too," Kaoru pointed out. "They look cute together, don't they?"
"They so do," Chin said. "Where's Bao?"
"I'm here," Bao said, standing over the rail with a fishing rod. "I wanna see if there are any fish in here."
"Hey is that even allowed?" Kaoru said, going towards him. "Besides, where did you even get that?"
"I brought my tackle with me," Bao said with a grin. "I'm just seeing if there are any fish in here."
"Seriously, Bao..." Momoko said, slapping her forehead. "Master, tell him to stop."
Chin laughed and let him.
"Don't worry, I replaced his bait with rocks," Chin whispered. "The fish definitely knows how to differentiate bait with rocks."
"But Bao doesn't?" Kaoru asked, confused. "He wouldn't put it on the line if it's a rock, right?"
"The rocks are disguised in fake water-soluble worms," Chin said with a grin. "He wouldn't know."
The two girl laughed while Bao patiently waited for a fish to catch the line. But none came as we know, there was no bait.
The couple had a few more strolls before sitting on a bench to watch the moon together. The others silently left without their knowledge.
They went back to their hotel and relaxed. They were happy for Kensou and Athena. They were happy that Athena didn't decline. They knew that Athena only thought of him as a friend before and were afraid that she might decline.
Bao only noticed that the bait were full of stones when they returned home. He wondered why the worms were all stagnant. He thought they were dead until he picked one up and felt something hard inside it.
"Who sabotaged my bait?!" Bao exclaimed, examining the fake worms in the jar. "I knew that tackle man was acting sketchy!"
"Relax, it wasn't the tackle man that did this," Chin laughed. "It was me."
"Why, Master?" Bao asked, confused. "I just wanted to fish!"
"But not in Hinokicho Park," Chin said. "There aren't even many fish in there. Besides they are all ornamental fishes. Not edible fishes."
"Fine..." Bao said, closing his tackle box. "Then what happened to my real bait?"
"Master dumped it out," Momoko deadpanned.
"That is so mean!" Bao exclaimed. "Master! I bought that with my own money!"
"Bao, she's lying," Chin said. "I just put it in another jar. We can go fishing somewhere else, okay?"
"Fine..." Bao said, a little relieved. "Where's Athena?"
"You saw right?" Kaoru said, referring to Kensou's proposal. "They're prolly still dreamily gazing at each other's eyes."
"They wouldn't get enough of it," Momoko said with a smirk. "Anyway, what should we eat for dinner?"
"Do you think we should save some for the new couple?" Kaoru asked.
"Nah," Chin said. "They are probably gonna eat out."
They laughed and decided to order some takeout. They ate and a the couple only arrived a few hours later.
"So you actually did it," Momoko said, watching them come in while nibbling on a baozi. "Well, enjoy!"
Kensou smiled. Athena smiled too.
"You actually knew?" Athena asked. "Ken!"
"Sorry about that," Kensou said. "They knew from the start."
They went to their rooms and freshened up. Kensou decided to call Iori to thank him.
"Hello?" Iori said as he saw Kensou's Japanese phone number on his phone. "Kensou?"
"Thanks Iori!" Kensou said with a grin. "I did it!"
"Did what?" Iori asked, forgetting.
"Propose to Athena, duh," Kensou said with a smile. "I summoned up enough courage and confessed to her at Hinokicho Park a few hours ago."
"Congratulations!" Iori said like the announcer of the KOF tournaments. "It wasn't so hard now, was it?"
"Only I know how much my heart thumped," Kensou said. "I thought it might pop out of my chest and fall into the lake!"
"But it didn't, right?" Iori pointed out. "If it did, you would've been dead by now..."
"I know," Kensou said. "Hey, wear something nice with your sister. I'll treat you."
"Wow," Iori said, amused. "First Beni, now you?"
"What can I say, you're a lot better than before," Kensou said. "Before, you were all like 'Baka me' and 'Sonomama Shine'!"
"Yeah whatever," Iori said. "Alright, when do you wanna take us out?"
"Tomorrow maybe?" Kensou said. "I heard these people are planning to go on a fishing trip to Suzuki-en."
"Alright," Iori said with a grin. "See you tomorrow then."
He hung up and Aiko came in with a cup of tea.
"What is it Niisan?" Aiko asked. "You look happy for some reason. Did Honoka agree to go on a date or something?"
"Nah," Iori said. "Kensou just called. His proposal was a success. He wants to take us out tomorrow."
"Wow," Aiko said with a grin. "Many people are treating us out lately."
"What can I say?" Iori said smugly. "All the good deeds that I've done is paying back to me."
Aiko looked doubtful.
"Okay fine whatever," Iori said. "Hey come to think of it, Kyo owes me one. I literally saved his girlfriend from evil people, twice!"
"Yeah..." Aiko said, thinking about it. "Ask him to buy you some ice cream!"
"I saved his girlfriend and you're asking me to ask for ice cream in return?" Iori said, annoyed. "That's so silly..."
"Then ask him for something else," Aiko said with a shrug. "Ask him something bigger, then."
"Nah I don't want anything in return," Iori said. "Anyway, what's for dinner?"
"I thought we already had oden?" Aiko said, taking a sip from her cup of jasmine tea.
"Oh yeah I forgot about that," Iori said, scratching his head. "Alright then. What's for supper?"
"Niisan..." Aiko said, amused. "Anyway, you and your band have to practice tomorrow."
"Oh yeah I almost forgot about it!" Iori said. "Hey, wake me up early tomorrow. I need to pick Terry from South Town."
"How come he's the only one that isn't Japanese?" Aiko asked, confused. "Like, all of your band members originate from Japan except for him."
"He actually owns an apartment here, you know?" Iori said. "In Miyama."
"Oh right," Aiko said. "That's where you hid out while spying on K' and gang right?"
"Yep," Iori said with a grin. "Anyway... supper?"
"Go do something yourself," Aiko said, annoyed. "The fridge is full, just go and nibble on something."
Iori sighed and went to the fridge. He opened and saw that there was some leftover rice. He took the rice out and went to the water dispenser.
He prepared some tea and poured over the rice. He also added some seasonings and umeboshi. He made some ochazuke. He decided that he should prepare some for Aiko too.
He went back to the living room and handed a bowl of ochazuke to Aiko before sitting down next to her with a bowl of his own.
"You made this?" Aiko asked, surprised.
"Yep," Iori said, taking his chopsticks out to eat. "I'm hungry."
They ate while watching a drama together.