Confession

Ash and Adalene saw Elisabeth come back home through the window and waited for her near the front door.
As soon as she stepped in, they scared her.
"Oh my gosh!" Elisabeth exclaimed, her heart racing. Then she realised the laughing teenagers. "You two! Why did you do that?!"
"Couldn't help it," Ash said while laughing. "Anyway, how was your date?"
"Oh it went okay," Elisabeth said with a smile. "We're considering to meet again."
The two of them started cheering. Saiki watched from upstairs, satisfied too.
'Looks like it worked,' Saiki thought with a smile. 'Well, that's one good deed down.'

Vanessa returned home a little earlier than usual. She sighed as she took her coat off to hang on the rack. She gulped as she decided to clear things out with her husband.
She was gonna tell him about her work as a mercenary/ detective. She wanted to come clean, and she expected the worst. She feared that her husband would leave her for not being truthful.
Vanessa looked around the house and saw her husband doing some work on his computer on the backyard picnic table with a cup of his favourite black tea. Jackie was there too, playing around under Luis's watchful eye.
"Luis?" Vanessa said, slowly going to him. "I have something to tell you."
"What is it, Van?" Luis asked. "Anything important?"
"Yeah," Vanessa said, joining him. "It is."
Luis looked kinda concerned. "What is it?" He asked, fearing that Vanessa was gonna leave him or something.
"It's just that..." Vanessa said. "I've been lying to you."
"About what?" Luis asked, pushing his laptop aside. He looked at her with worried brown eyes. "Come on, tell me, Van!"
"I've been secretly working," Vanessa begrudgingly said. "I'm a freelance agent. And now, I'm working with the STPD."
Luis's tense shoulder's dropped, relaxed. And to her surprise, he started laughing. Vanessa looked at him blankly.
"Luis?" Vanessa said, confused. "Why are you laughing?"
"No, it's just that... you thought I didn't know?" Luis said with a grin. "Oh Vanessa! How could you be so... gullible? Just because I acted like I didn't know, that didn't mean I actually didn't know!"
"You mean... you knew the whole time?!" Vanessa asked in shock.
"Of course!" Luis said with a laugh. "Van, you're a renown agent! The fact that you were in so many KOF tournaments didn't help either. So yeah. I knew from the start."
Vanessa's jaw dropped.
"I also saw how that eyepatch fella was constantly flirting with you," Luis said, narrowing his eyes. "And I also saw how you dismissed him every single time, even resorted to punching him once. Well, can't say I didn't feel like it too."
Vanessa chuckled. "He's actually a good guy, just... you know..." Vanessa said. "He's after Vera now. Shudder to think what's gonna happen there. But I assure you, I would never let him come into our relationship, he's more like a little brother."
"I've seen," Luis said understandingly. "I know you wouldn't cheat on me."
Vanessa smiled. Luis got up and pulled her up. He was a tall man. Vanessa's height was already considered tall for a man, and luckily Luis was even taller.
He suddenly pulled her into a kiss, forgetting the fact that little Jackie was playing around there.
"Luis, Jackie is watching," Vanessa finally said.
"Oh come on, he's playing over there," Luis said, exaggerating the distance between them and their child. "He can't see us! Besides, he should know how much daddy loves his mommy."
"Oh Luis!" Vanessa said, lightly punching him. "I'm gonna go freshen up. I'll leave you to your work."
Vanessa went in and told her friends about the outcome of her confession.
Van: Yeah and he said he felt like punching you
Kevin: Well, I would've punched him too if he hit on MY wife
Mary: Way too go Vanessa!
Ramon: 😕
Ramon: Aww that's okay
Ramon: I have Veronica now!

 Van: Yeah and he said he felt like punching youKevin: Well, I would've punched him too if he hit on MY wifeMary: Way too go Vanessa!Ramon: 😕Ramon: Aww that's okayRamon: I have Veronica now!

Mary: 🤦🏼‍♀️
Kevin: 🤣🤣
Van: Oh great...
Van: Wait a sec...
Van: Ramon?
Ramon: Yeah?
Van: Veronica can fight just as well as I can
Van: Besides
Van: She's feistier than me
Van: 😏😏
Ramon: All the more better
Ramon: 😏😏😏
Kevin: He's gonna get pummelled
Mary: Hey Kevin
Mary: Wdya say we get ourselves a buncho snacks
Mary: A buncho beers
Mary: And a buncho portable chairs
Mary: To watch Veronica destroy Ramon
Mary: How bout that?
Kevin: Deal!
Kevin: Vanessa what about you?
Van: I'm in
Ramon: U guys are so mean...
Kevin: We know
Kevin: 🥴
Vanessa laughed at her friends' stupidity and put her phone down. She went to her bathroom and took a shower before changing into more comfortable clothes.
She went back to the backyard and saw Luis still working on the animation he was doing. Vanessa looked over at her son and saw that he sitting on the grass, poking at the ground with a stick, a bored expression on his chubby face.
Vanessa went to him and decided to play with him instead. After all, it's been a while since she spent time with him.

Luis ordered Chinese food for lunch. He looked like he wanted to say something as they all sat down to eat.
"Hey Van, what do you say we hit the bar tonight?" Luis asked with a grin. "Like... Pao Pao?"
Vanessa didn't know what to say. Should she say no and miss the fun, or just agree and let her unhealthy obsession for beer be known?
"Uh... sure," Vanessa finally said. "I'd like some beer."
Luis smirked. He knew that she wouldn't say no to beer.
"But what about Jackie?" Vanessa said suddenly. "I don't want him to see us get drunk and wasted..."
Luis looked kinda amazed. He actually didn't know the full capacity of Vanessa's love for beer.
"We'll just bring him with us," Luis finally said. "After all, Pao Pao is suitable for all ages."
So that night, they went to Pao Pao Cafe for dinner. Richard was surprised to see them together, but was pleased all the same.
"Ah Mrs. Vanessa!" Richard greeted. "Welcome!"
They sat at a table and Bob came to take their order. They did and ordered some beer too.
"Just call for a refill," Bob said, grinning at Vanessa.
"You must be popular here," Luis said with a grin. "Especially with the refill."
Vanessa gave him a sheepish grin. She ended up occupying herself by listening to Jackie's tall tales.
Bob soon returned with their food and beer. Well, Jackie wasn't allowed any alcohol and ended up drinking iced tea.
So, Vanessa controlled her beer intake as best as she could. Well, she succeeded. She drank three beers instead of the usual five.
"You okay?" Luis asked, seeing how she chugged down her third cup with no effort.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Vanessa said with a grin. "Oh the beer's good..."
"Yeah," Luis said, ordering his fourth. "You want some more?"
Vanessa gulped. Should she?
"But how are you gonna drive later?" Vanessa asked. "I mean... you're gonna get totally... intoxicated if you keep this up..."
"Oh come on, it's just a beer," Luis said. "One more won't do any harm."
Though Vanessa has known him for years, she didn't really know her husband's alcohol capacity. Even if they went for parties, they'd stop after a maximum of two beers.
She shrugged and ordered another, giving her sister a warning text just in case.
Van: Call me again later
Van: And if I sound totally wasted
Van: Please come here immediately and get us out
Vera: Lol ok
So she begrudgingly drank a fourth beer. She decided to stop right there, but Luis kept ordering.
"We should celebrity your confusion," Luis blabbered.
"What?" Vanessa asked, confused.
"We should celebrate your confeshon," Luis said, wiping beer off his face with his sleeve.
For the first time Vanessa knew how her friends felt when taking her drunk-self home after a party.