[IU] The Champion of Champions

In true fashion... XD

IU

-The Champion of Champions-

IU POV

"So, Princess really can't evolve?" I gazed down at the Eevee that slept in Y/n's lap and lit by the fire that we sat by.

"Yeah." He gently pet her head. "Her original trainer brought her back to Professor Oak after trying to get her to evolve. They tried every stone and it wouldn't evolve into any of the alternates either."

"The ribbon collar and the flower behind her ear is cute." I giggled "So, did you know that she couldn't evolve when you chose her as your starter?"

"Thanks." He smiled down at her. "Of course. She looked so sad I couldn't not take her. At the very least she would be a great travel partner, but she became an important member of the team. What about you? You said you were an idol, not a trainer, so how'd end up with Stufful?"

"He was a gift from my parents." I giggled, petting the fur on Stufful's head. "He helps ease the stress of idol life."

"I could imagine how being an idol can be hard. Pokemon are simple. You care for them and respect them and you're fine. People can and will take advantage of you." He reasoned.

"You're not wrong." I sighed. "I should have known better, but thanks to you, I was able to get away from Team Salvation."

"What did they want from you, anyway?" His question made me realize that it's been a few months and I still haven't told him what happened.

"Well..." I started. "I'm not sure, exactly. They weaseled their way into my staff and got to me. It wasn't that long after when you noticed something was wrong and took care of them. You and Raichu got me away from them easily enough."

"Since their goal is to militarize Pokemon and start a war between regions, the only thing I can imagine they would want you for is propaganda."

"Do you know why they want to even start a war? It doesn't seem like there's even a reason for it."

"Power. They want to be able to control the league and harness the power of the legendary Pokemon to further humankind. At least that's my guess."

"I guess that does sort of make sense."

"Isn't your company and staff going to worry about you? I mean, you've been gone for like two months."

Dang it, another thing I forgot to tell him. I guess I've been enjoying my vacation with him a little too much.

"That was taken care of when we found a hiding place after you helped me." I started. "I called my manager and he told me to stay in touch but stay with you for a while so the company could look into what happened. They figured if I was on the move and with someone who was a trainer I would be safe at least."

"That makes sense." He stretched as he spoke.

"I never asked, but I'm curious. Why exactly are you in Aolola?"

"I wanted to catch some more Alola Pokemon. Last time I was here I was sort of late to the party for the league." He answered. "I wasn't able to catch much, just had to use what I had. So, I decided to come back and do some catching. "