[Yurim] Valentines Day Crush

3ye – Yurim

-Valentines Day Crush-

Y/n POV

The beautiful and airy notes from my Handpan rang out on the streets of Hongdae as people watched on and bobbed to the music. Every now and then coming up and placing money into the case that I carried the instrument in. This sort of music isn't usually common for busking here in Korea, but that's probably the reason that I'm able to do so well with it. It feels new and fresh I assume.

The difference between busking here in Korea and in America is the audience reaction. In America, people will stand around and talk with each other while they listen. But here in Korea, they seriously get into it. It doesn't seem the Handpan in well known here either because I get asked a lot of questions about mine while setting up and after songs.

Since tomorrow was Valentines Day, I was playing light and warm feeling songs. Anything that would induce a feeling of happy and uplifting. Especially compared to my usual dark vibe sound. Just something to keep the mood in the air and pick up anyone's mood that may be having a long or bad day. Of course, you will still hear some Zelda, Pokemon, and other covers. Actually, in a weird way it fits the cold and snowy weather.

Since I've been here I've gotten to know a good bit of the local shop owner and workers in the area. I've even been asked to play in some cafes by some owners.

This past month, though, there's been a girl I've seen nearly every day. It seems she really likes my playing because she always takes time to stop and listen. Sometimes even adding to the money in my case, giving me a smile while doing so. Sometimes I see her with two other girls that I assume are her friends.

She had this two-toned brown hair, darker on the top. Her eyes were big and a really pretty brown, and her smile was bright and infectious.

It was beginning to get late so I began cleaning up my things and picked up the money from the case and put it in a bag that looked sort of like a pencil bag. As I did so, some of the people who had stopped to watch came up to me so they could let me know they enjoyed the music. I did my best to greet each one and thank them for listening.

With a smile, I swung the case onto my back and went on my way to a nearby cafe that was usually calm at this time to get a French Vanilla coffee and a pastry. In line, I quickly rooted through the pencil bag to get enough to pay, then slide it back into the small compartment on the instrument case.

"Oh, hey there, Y/n. The usual order?" The lady behind the counter asked.

"Yeah, same as always." I chuckled.

"Coming right up." She rang me up and took the money from me.

I move over to the side so that other people could come up and order while I waited.

"Hey, you sounded great out there." A soft, kind voice grabbed my attention, making me turn my head in its direction.

"Thank you," I responded, then realized it was the girl that often came to see me play. "I'm glad that you seem to enjoy my playing."

"It's so nice. It's way calmer than most busking acts in the area, so it's interesting to hear. Besides, I've never seen an instrument quite like it." She said with a smile.